Chapter 17

*Jaime’s POV*

“There you guys are.” Beau smiled and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back and he gave me a smile. “How’re you holding up?” He asked.

“Good enough.” I told him, giving him a small smile. I felt better now that I knew about Vic and Eric. Speaking of which, Eric walked in after us, with a fake smile on his face. I felt bad, really I did, but he knew I loved Vic, he wouldn’t try and ruin what we had. Eric may be a joker but he’d never do something like that. I noticed that Blessthefall’s bus was there too, and I saw Eric and Elliott arguing outside of it. I looked over at them and Eric looked down at his feet and Elliott gave me a sad smile. I sighed, knowing this wasn’t over. I felt Vic’s arm sneak around my waist, and he pulled me closer. We walked on the bus and I sat down on the couch next to him. He started playing with my hair.

“Jaime?” He asked me.

“Yeah?”

“Remember that day when you asked me if I regretted kissing you?”

“Yeah..” I said cautiously. He turned his head and looked me straight in the eyes.

“I didn’t regret it, and I never will, I love you, you know that right?” I smiled widely at him.

“I love you too.” I leaned down to kiss him when I was interrupted.

“Vic? I need to talk to- oh shit, sorry.” Eric walked in, blushing deeply. I pursed my lips and sat back on the couch. Vic cleared his throat and I sighed.

“What did you want, Eric?” He asked.

“I… I sort of wanted to talk to you, to apologize for earlier.” Eric looked at him expectantly. I took a deep breath and got up off the couch.

“Don’t try anything, Eric.” I warned him, and walked out of the bus, I needed some air. I looked around the parking lot we were in and I saw we were at Walmart.

“Jaime!” I turned to the sound of my name and saw Andy, Elliott, and Alan walking towards the entrance. “Come on!” Andy waved me over. I jogged over quickly, needing to escape for a while. We walked in and Alan grabbed a cart and we started walking around.

“How’re you holding up?” Andy asked me.

“Fine I guess, still kinda healing up.” I gave them a small smile. Alan and Andy nodded but I saw Elliott had a knowing look on his face. Alan continued pushing the cart. Andy grabbed a batman mask and suddenly jumped in the cart.

“TO THE BATCAVE, ROBIN!” He yelled and Alan laughed, and ran off, pushing the cart. Elliott and I started laughing and browsing the aisles, looking for whatever we needed.

“Where’s Vic?” He asked me.

“Talking with Eric on the bus.” I told him. He spun around to face me.

“Alone?” He demanded.

“No, Tony’s there too.”

“Oh.” He said, relief spilling over his face.

“You know.” I told him.

“Uh.. what?” He said. I knew he was lying. I saw him arguing with Eric after we had come out of the hospital.

“Don’t play dumb Elliott, you know about Eric.” He sighed and looked at me.

“Look, I do know, I’ve known for a while now, and I was just asking because I didn’t want them to be alone..” he trailed off, and I knew what he was implying.

“So you don’t trust Vic?” I asked.

“No, I trust Vic, its Eric I’m worried about, and you should be too.”

“He said he would back off.” I told him. He raised an eyebrow at me and I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Okay, okay, fine.” He put up his hands defensively. We kept walking and the tense feeling between us dispersed. I saw a ginger head of hair fly past us in a shopping cart as it crashed into another aisle, and tipped over. Alan stumbled out of the cart with a toy lightsaber and started looking around.

“Alan, what’re you doing?” I asked him. He put a finger to his lips, telling me to be quiet and he ran down the aisle.

“He’s insane.” Elliott laughed. “So.. let’s follow him.” He said, and ran off after Alan, and I followed them both. I heard humming and I stopped, grabbing Elliott’s arm. We listened and I heard it again, so I followed it. About three aisles down I saw Andy wearing a trench coat and his sunglasses, carrying a nerf gun and humming the mission impossible theme song. He was sliding down the aisles and looking around. I tried to hide my laugh but I let out a small snort and Elliott was laughing silently. Suddenly Alan jumped out of nowhere and tackled Andy, knocking him down. They started wrestling on the floor until an employee ran over and broke them up.

“What do you think you’re doing? Put back the toys, you’re so cool,  and start acting your age.” The employee grumbled.

“Whoa, I’m sensing some sarcasm, better rollback that attitude.” Andy told him. Alan started laughing and the guy just glared at him.

“Shut up, and get out.” He said, motioning for the security guards to come over. They grabbed Andy’s arms and dragged him out of the store.

“I WILL NOT BE SILENCED!” He exclaimed as they shoved him out of the store. We check out our things and ran out after Andy. He was laughing in the parking lot.

“You’re crazy.” I told him and he just nodded.

“Gotta live it up, dude.” He said. “Well, I’m going to go back to the bus and take a nap with Kyle..” He smiled widely and ran off to his bus. I laughed as I understood what he meant.

“I’ll go see what Austin’s doing.” Alan said and walked off to his own bus. I looked at Elliott expectantly.

“Whoa, dude, not me, thank you. Beau’s skyping with his wife so, I really don’t want to go back to the bus. Can I hang out at yours?” He asked.

“Sure, it’s pretty empty right now, why not?” I asked. I walked back onto the bus with Elliott and saw Tony talking with Vic. Good, at least Eric’s gone. Tony waved at Elliott and Vic’s eyes were on me the entire time. We walked to the back lounge and I fell onto the couch.

“Did you see Vic staring at you? Someone’s getting a little jealous.” He told me. Vic was jealous? Of Elliott and I, didn’t he know Elliott was straight and we were just friends. I just shrugged. “Aww come on, admit it, you’d be jealous too, you were jealous when Eric was alone with Vic weren’t you?” I shook my head. “Liar!” He yelled and tackled me on the couch.

“Get off of me Gruenberg!” I started laughing.

“Never! Not until you admit it.”

“Will you get off if you’re crushing me to death?”

“Nope, and besides I’m not that fat.” He told me. I started laughing again and we were wrestling on the couch. I heard the door open and I saw Vic standing there.

“Am I interrupting?” He asked, sounding annoyed. Elliott smirked at me and I looked at Vic.

“No, I was just going to go anyway.” He said. Before he left he leaned down and whispered to me. “See, I told you, jealous.” He got up and walked past Vic, leaving me alone with him.