Chapter 15

~~Jaime's POV~~

"Jaime?" I heard Vic yell. I couldn't respond, I couldn't find my voice, all I could feel was intense pain. I wanted to tell him I was okay, I felt his arms wrap around me and he sounded so broken. "Jaime!" He yelled and I vaguely felt someone pull me away. I didn't feel anything after that, absolute nothingness. Why did this have to happen to us, what did we do? I always knew Cara was bad, but who could've guessed that it was this bad, she was a psychopath.

"Jaime?" I heard Vic ask me. I looked up and saw him standing in front of me, suitcase in hand. 

"Vic..what..what're you doing?" I whispered.

"I'm leaving." He said bluntly. I felt my heart shatter.

"But..but, why?" I asked, feeling tears well up in my eyes. 

"I can't do this anymore." 

"W-we can work this out!" I exclaimed. 

"Sorry, Jaime. I have to go." I saw him start to walk away and disappear into the darkness. I ran after him, blindly, and didn't see him. 

"Vic! Wait, we can work this out! Come back!" I yelled. "Vic!"

"Jaime?" I heard him ask. I looked around, not being able to see anything in the darkness. "Jaime, wake up!" I felt hands on my face and my eyes opened quickly. I saw Vic's worried face in front of mine. 

"Vic?" I whispered, feeling my eyes watering. He pulled me into a hug, I tried to ignore the pain that racked my body, but I let out a small gasp. He quickly pulled away and looked at me in concern. I gave him a small smile and his eyes were red. I reached out and stroked his hand. 

"I was so worried about you." He said, his voice sounding raspy. 

"I'm okay." I said, basically lying through my teeth. He just stared at me, clearly not believing me.

"Jaime, you're not okay. My crazy ex girlfriend tried to murder you, she tortured you, how can you be okay?" He demanded.

"Well.. you're here, so that's a plus." I whispered. His eyes softened and he smiled. 

"You're too adorable." He said softly, and grabbed my hand. "I'm so sorry."

"What? Why the hell are you sorry?" I demanded. "You didn't do anything to me." 

"I could've stopped her!" He exclaimed. 

"How? How would you have known?"

"I..I don't know, I could've officially broken up with her." He mumbled. I just stared at him in disbelief, I figured it was pretty clear to everyone they were over. Cara was just insane.

"You would've never known." I told him. I felt his eyes cast over me, I didn't want to see how badly she'd hurt me. I knew I hurt like hell that was quite obvious. I saw the door open and Andy walked through, Kyle's arms wrapped around his waist. His eyes landed on me and he broke away from Kyle's grasp and ran over to me. He hugged me tightly, also earning a groan of pain from me. Just like Vic, he pulled away quickly and looked at me apologetically. Kyle smiled widely and I saw Tony and Mike walk into the room. None of them looked like they had slept. That was stupid, they should've gotten some sleep. Kyle and Andy stopped Tony and Mike from walking over to me and hugging me to death. I stared at them gratefully. I motioned for Andy to lean down so I could whisper something to him. "How bad is it?" I whispered to him. I knew Vic wouldn't tell me. I noticed he was looking at us suspiciously. 

"You have a lot of second degree burns, some rope burns on your wrists, and bruises." Andy said, avoiding Vic's accusing eyes. I sighed and looked down at my arms. They had small, circular burns on them and my wrists were raw from the rope. I grabbed an extra pillow next to my bed and shoved it on my face. I didn't want to see their faces, it just made me even more depressed. It was quiet for a while until I felt someone move the pillow from my face. I knew it was Vic, I didn't want to see his face, it was full of worry and concern. I looked anywhere but at him. 

"Jaime?" He asked, softly. I looked around the room and saw everyone but Vic had left. I rubbed my arm gently, and continued staring at my blanket. "Jaime, look at me." He begged. I slowly moved my eyes up to look at his face. His expression just made me feel worse, he looked so broken. I didn't want to hurt him. "It's not your fault you know." He said. It was, it was completely my fault. How could I let her take me so easily? How could I be so oblivious? I started biting my lip nervously, and he climbed into the bed next to me, careful of my wounds. I wrapped my arm around him, tentatively and he nuzzled his head into my neck. I still got butterflies at his touch, I don't think it's even hit home that he was finally mine. I couldn't comprehend that it was actually happening, either way, I loved it. I began stroking his hair, and I felt him start to cry. 

"Don't cry, Vic, please." I whispered, stroking his soft hair. 

"I..I thought I had lost you, I thought I'd never see you again. I don't know what I'd do without you." 

"I'm here now, though." I said softly. He looked up at me.

"And you're mine." He said, pressing his lips to my neck gently. I shivered at the contact, I liked the thought of us being together, and I was his. "I love you." He whispered, playing with my hair absentmindedly. 

"I love you too." I said, kissing the top of his head. 

"You know I'd never leave you, right?" He asked. I nodded slowly, where was he going with this? "I just wanted to let you know, I don't care what people say about us, I love you, I'd never leave."

"I'd never leave either, you're my everything, Vic." I whispered, holding him closer to me, not caring about the pain it caused, I needed to be close to him, I needed him. "I'd fight for you anyday, I need you." I said. 

"I never thought we'd end up like this." He whispered. "I always hoped we would just have a carefree relationship like Kyle and Andy. But instead, we have my homicidal, crazy, ex girlfriend. I'm so sorry I got you into this." 

"At least I'm okay now." I told him. He raised an eyebrow. "Okay..ish?" I tried and he let out a small laugh. I heard the door open and a nurse walked in.

"Mr. Fuentes, please wait outside while we run some tests on Mr. Preciado." She smiled. Vic reluctantly got up and walked outside the door. They checked my bruises and burns, put some more bandages on them, and waited for the doctor. When he walked in he decided that I was fit enough to leave. I just had to put this cream on my burns every night and they should heal up nicely. Andy walked in with Beau and handed me my clothes. I didn't know blessthefall was here, then again, they were really good friends with us. 

"Where's Vic?" I asked them. Andy shrugged and Beau spoke up.

"He went outside and he was talking with Eric." He said, looking at his phone, giving me a small smile. "I'm glad you're okay, dude." I thanked him and walked down the corridor, looking for Vic. I turned and corner and froze and what I saw. I saw Eric had Vic pressed up against the wall and was kissing him roughly. Vic let out a small groan and my mouth dropped open. I saw Vic open his eyes and stare at me. 

"Jaime?" I saw Eric pull away quickly, face burning. 

"How could you!?" I demanded. "You just told me you'd love, me you'd never leave!" I yelled at him, feeling the tears start to fall from my face. 

"Jaime, this is a huge misunderstanding I-

"I don't care what you have to say, Vic, I know what I saw!" I yelled at him, and turned and ran down the corridor. I heard him yell after me and I didn't care, how could he do this to me? I thought we had something, I thought we were perfect together.