When it all builds up...

I'm so sorry for making these sorta sad...

Peter sat up one night and glanced at the clock. It was two twenty in the morning. He still couldn't sleep. Thoughts were racing through his head, and his anxiety and depression were battling it out in his head. It sucks to have both disorders. Anxiety wants you to get up and act normal and to be accepted, but then Depression keeps you exaughsted all the time, keeping you so done with everything that you just lie in bed all day, triggering Anxiety once more. Whenever Peter was able to get to sleep, he would sleep way longer than he should. When he couldn't he had nights like these. Where PTSD kept him up in a panic. All signs of something terrible, but there's nothing that could help. He heard what sounded like a gunshot (but was probably someone kicking the wall) and his heart was pounding. He pressed a button next to his bed that alerted Tony of his condition and not even thirty second later Tony burst in the room with earbuds and a music player. He handed it to Peter and held his hand so he knew that someone was there, it was just physically comforting to know someone was there for him. Peter plugged in the earbuds and allowed Tony to rub his hand softly and ease him to sleep. "I'm sorry Mr. Stark, I guess when it all builds up, I kinda freak out." He said and Tony's heart melted. Because he too, knew the cost of being a super. You lose, everything, to save others. And that takes heart. "Kid, don't be sorry. It's not your fault. It'll be better one day, I promise and I'll always be right here next to you."