Doubt

“He is one hundred percent right in not wanting us together, Lena! It’s far too dangerous! My sister will murder you if she finds out who you really are! And worse yet, if she were to stumble upon our relationship, she would slowly torture you until you begged for her to kill you!”

Galena paced across the floor of Tyrion’s chamber room. “Have you been brainwashed?” she shouted. “All of a sudden you decide to take what he says to heart? And just because you shook hands? Why weren’t you worried about what your sister would do beforehand? You didn’t seem all that concerned when I was kissing your neck earlier!”

Tyrion rubbed his eyes. “He was being sincere, Galena!” Tyrion groaned, ignoring her little dig. “When a man looks you in the eyes and shakes your hand, he is being sincere! He has every right to worry!” He shook his head at her. “What the important thing here is, is that he has given us his blessing to pursue a relationship.”

Galena turned to face him. “And you believe him! He’s lying to your face!” Her voice caught in her throat. “What does it matter anyway?” she asked as she choked back tears. “One handshake with your old buddy, and lo and behold, you don’t think we should even be friends.”

Listen to me!” Tyrion yelled from his chair, causing her to stop mid stride. “You may think you know everything there is to know in this world, but you don’t!” He lowered his voice, but still spoke with authority, and with a slight sarcastic undertone. “And yes, I know all about your travels, and all about what you’ve gone through and all the things you’ve seen. You’re quite educated in the art of running away! But you are not educated in the art of people! Just keep your mouth shut, and listen to me!”

Tyrion’s chair scraped against the floor as he stood up and approached her. Even though she stood a full head above him, she suddenly felt intimidated. “How dare you speak to me like that!”

“Shut up, Galena!” he shouted. “Just shut up and pay attention to someone else for once in your life. A man like Jon Snow doesn’t shake on something and then go back on his word.”

Leave,” she said in a low, surly voice. “I don’t want to look at you right now.”

Tyrion snickered. “You’re in my chamber room.” He jerked his head toward the door. “You are free to go any time you wish.” He walked to the door, placing his hand on the knob. “In fact, I think you should. I do not wish to see you either. If you can’t get your head out of your ass long enough to admit that you’re wrong, then I don't wish to be in your presence.” He opened the door, and looked her in the eye with a grimace. “Get out.”

Galena grabbed a handful of her dress, the one that she had worn just for Tyrion, and pulled it up a few inches from the floor before storming out of his room. “You two deserve each--”

“Oof!” he groaned as she ran into him.

“Of course!” Galena threw her hands in the air and then back to her sides with a loud slap. “Why wouldn’t you be here?” She waved her hand at Tyrion, who was watching from his doorway. “The two of you are best friends, after all!”

“Lena,” Jon said grasping her shoulders to keep her from falling to the ground. “What are you talking about? Are you alright?”

She chuckled with disbelief. “Right. As if you don’t know.”

Jon looked to Tyrion, searching for an answer.

“She doesn’t like that I chose to have faith in you,” he said scornfully. “And just because I haven’t sided with her opinion, she decided to throw a little hissy fit.”