Trepidation

(a/n: There is mature content in this chapter)

***************************************

When Daenerys told her the plan, she was ecstatic. She was going to see her father after nearly six years, and she couldn't be more grateful. But when she thought about him, the man she loved, she was second guessing their excursion. What if he was right? What if she did die? What if Daenerys died? What if Jon died? All because of her selfish desires.

She made a point to sleep in Tyrion's room the night prior. He had been distant since the queen made the decision. He wasn't thrilled with the idea of staying behind while they went off to find, as he put it, one living man and a thousand dead ones. He vowed to protect her, no matter what, and now he had no way to do so. He didn't care if he died, he cared that she lived. Of course, as The Hand of the Queen, he understood Daenerys' reasoning, and he didn't argue, but he still wished she would have chosen Jon to stay behind. But then again, he knew Jon would protect them better.

Her heart was so heavy she could have sworn it was a brick. She was overwhelmed with the amount of guilt she felt, but even more so by how much she cherished Tyrion. She loved him, that she knew, but how much was what blew her mind. She didn't understand how loving someone could hurt so much, but as she sat in bed watching him sleep, she realized she didn't care.

She worried she might never see him again. She wanted to imprint his image in her mind. He slept without a shirt on, and all she wanted to do was touch him. She wanted to feel his weight on top of her. She wanted to feel his hands moving all over her body.

She moved closer to him and kissed him. She smiled as the corners of his lips subconsciously formed a slight grin. She wanted to wake him. She wanted to be with him. He looked so peaceful, but she couldn't resist touching him. She stroked his beard lightly, causing him to stir.

He took her hand in his and gently kissed it. "It's still weird," he said sleepily as she blushed. He told her repeatedly how odd her obsession with his beard was, and how bizarre she was.

She smiled, but looked at him with sad eyes. "I don't want to leave you."

He sighed and ran the back of his fingers down the side of her face. "You'll be back," he said soothingly.

She could tell by the look in his eyes that he had trouble comforting her. He was probably more concerned than she was. She at least had a reason to be excited. All he had was worry.

"How do you know?" she asked quietly.

Tyrion sat up and look at her curiously. "You're scared," he said softly as he came to the realization.

"No," she insisted. "I just didn't think it through. You and Jon were right." She nervously twirled her hair around her finger. "What if something goes wrong? What if one of us, or all of us, is killed?"

"Look at me." He turned her face to his and kissed her lips softly. "Jon will not let anything happen to you, and he will not let anything happen to Daenerys or himself. And anyway, if anything starts to go awry," he said with a chuckle, "Drogon will burn them all."

She smiled slightly at his attempt to make her feel better. He was right, after all. There was no way Jon would allow any of this to happen if there wasn't a dragon involved.

"What if I never see you again? What if I never get to obnoxiously rub your beard again?" She smirked as she raked her fingers through it. "Or kiss you here again?" She lightly brushed her lips against his cheek. She stared at him and said, "Or get lost in your eyes? Or kiss your lips?"

"Do it now," he shrugged as he cupped her cheek in his hand. "Kiss me now."

She smiled slyly as she leaned forward to kiss him. She pressed her body into his and kissed him with enthusiasm.