let's get this straight.

*Please listen to the  video above as you read. It's sad and I like it. It also sets the mood and the year of the video would also fit into Minerva's past.

The path was wonky and imperfect like always and the smell of sin wafted over from the forest as it had so many times before. Nothing could have changed in the few hours she had been away. "Come with me." Minerva spoke harshly as Annabella followed like a dog. The halls were emptier than Annabella felt comfortable with as all the students had gone home. Annabella silently kept up to Minerva's heels hoping it would help her later on.

As the two entered the chambers a locking spell was used and Annabella was stuck. "Right why are you so angry this time?" Minerva asked in an unintentionally mocking manner. "Do you love me? Yes or no." Annabella questioned feeling done with it all. Minerva shook her head in disbelief "of course I do you silly girl." She sounded and Annabella responded "you have a funny way of showing it." Minerva looked at her in a deadly manner. "Was that all?" She asked feeling done with the conversation. "No. If your muggle fiancé was here would you prefer him or me?" She asked feeling tired of the fighting already. "Stop with these silly questions. He is dead and you aren't. I have you not him." Minerva was losing control quickly.

"That didn't answer my question but you don't have to answer it. I know the truth. Goodnight Minerva." For the first time ever her mother's first name escaped her mouth. "I am your mother not just a roommate." Her mother retorted but Annabella responded "have a funny way of showing it." By now both were getting angry quick. "I don't need to prove anything to you." Minerva responded. Annabella turned and walked to her room "nor I you, Minerva." 'She acts too old for her age. Oh dear I forgot her birthday.' Minerva thought and mentally berated herself.

Sighing and giving in Minerva went to the door with a light knock she made her presence known "I'm sorry. I haven't been the best mother this year. I didn't even give you a birthday present." Her voice may as well have been directed at a dead person. "I love you." She mumbled and placed a hand on the door. Slowly her frame sunk into the ground where she sat. "I would choose you any day over him I promise. I love you too much to let you go. Not now not ever." Her voice was broken and Annabella heard it as she sat on the other side of the door in tears as well yet, she didn't feel that she should forgive her mother just for words. "I love you Bella. I love your eyes, hair, face, personality and above all else everything you have ever done for me."

The door was opened a little and a smile spread across Minerva's face but fell once her daughter spoke "I don't believe you.' Her tone was quiet but final. "Please let me go." Minerva faltered and just stared at the small gap the door left. "You must not leave the grounds alone. It is too dangerous for that." Annabella nodded and just as Minerva undid the spell locking the door Bella was gone like a bullet from a gun.

She shot through the halls and located the potions cupboard where she located what she needed. Once done she went to the kitchens. "Hello Daisy can I have two hot cocos?" She asked the elf who helped whole heartedly. The drinks were carried down to the chambers and placed on a side. "Minerva." A quaint voice called and a tired woman left the dining area into the lounge. "Fancy a drink?" Annabella asked and Minerva nodded taking the offered drink.

The two drank and Annabella began. "Do you actually love me?" She asked curiously "I do love you." Her mother responded quietly. "If you had the chance to go back and marry your ex-fiancé who didn't die would you do it? Knowing I would never exist." Her question was direct and Minerva complied. "It would depend upon the current situation I'm in." Minerva responded and regretted it immediately. Annabella upped and left without a second thought or even looking back. The truth had finally come out even if she needed help from Severus' stores.

Walking aimlessly she stumbled upon the headmaster's office who just so happened to leave at the same time. "Ah. I see your mother found you after all." He spoke cheerfully with joy in his eyes. "What mother?" She spat and walked away again. Minerva had heard it all and turned as her daughter turned another corner. Tears ran freely down her cheeks and her fear of her words were covering the entire body of the professor.