When will detention end?

*That GIF is me mentally in polite society. 

Annabella spent the night in the Gryffindor Common room pacing. She had no sleep and didn't intend on having any. Although the 11 year old was tired she carried on pacing, trying to think but all too quickly someone walked down the stairs, Annabella checked the time and saw it to be five o'clock. "what are you doing up so early?" Harry asked curiously and continued when she just looked at him "when did you wake up?" he asked seriously. "Don't worry yourself with trivial things Potter." She tried to joke but it just sounded pained. "How old are you? You sound about fifty. That is too old." he added and Bella smiled a sad smile. "my mother was nearly fifty when she had me. It really isn't that old."Harry smiled small and placed his hand on her cheek to comfort her. Annabella moved into the touch softly but pulled away suddenly "why are you awake?" she asked feeling nervous. "I needed a pee and remembered I had Transfiguration homework that wasn't 100% done. More like 99%. It was set last year as a holiday homework. I was only allowed out of it if I died and I didn't fancy that." Annabella nodded and smiled whilst sat with him occasionally helping if she could.

Soon it was breakfast and the two walked plainly down to the great hall. Annabella did not wish to attend but she needed her timetable. The table eventually filled and all students sat quietly as they waited for their names to be called so that they could receive their timetable. "Annabella Eileen Mcgonagall." Minerva eventually spoke and Annabella lifted her head. She took the paper from her mother's grasp and looked down at the parchment. First off she had potions then defence then double transfiguration. 'Great' she sighed and kept looking through the paper.

After the whole house had their timetables Minerva began walking back to the staff table  whilst looking concerned at Annabella but was stopped by Harry. "Professor I don't think that Annabella slept at all last night and I haven't seen her eat since we started school again." Minerva nodded "thank you Mr Potter." She curtly said and smiled with an eerie look. "Bella a word please." The young girl complied and followed. The two walked to the transfiguration classroom where Minerva sat behind her desk and Bella sat on the desk.

"A few weeks ago when you attempted to use other means of getting me to tell the truth you added too much. I could smell it the second I was stood close to you. I of course didn't actually drink the hot coco. Also, do you honestly believe that I would give you up for anything?" Minerva asked pointedly. "You said..." Bella was cut off by Minerva "I didn't think that it bothered you that much. I figured you would stop with this whole thing but it only made it worse. Now however, every professor is on strict orders from Albus to call you by your first name or Miss Eileen. A fact that will not change till next year." She added with a little stern hint in her voice. "I have a time turner for heavens sake. If I really wanted to I could but I don't want him I want you." Annabella smiled up at her and smiled a sad smile. "I am sorry mother." Her voice was quiet and sad. A moment of silence passed in an uncomfortable silence when the bell rang. "Now off you go." Annabella nodded and smiled when Minerva kissed the top of her head.

Potions first meant she was in trouble. She quickly grabbed her bag and headed to the dungeons. As she reached the correct corridor she heard the unmistakable sound of a door dramatically slamming which meant Snape had entered the room. 'Fiddlesticks' she mentally thought but pushed on. Once outside the classroom she attempted to slip in but was caught. "Ah. Miss Eileen. What was so important that you had to be late to my class?" He asked slightly mocking her. "I am sorry sir, Professor Mcgonagall wanted to speak with me." She curtly replied. "About what?" He asked but knew already as he had seen the prior exchange. "Me sir." She sounded polite and decided to find a seat. "What about you?" He was really trying to push her. "She felt concerned for me sir." She added hoping for it to be over. "What exactly was she concerned about?" He asked leaning over her desk trying to scare her but she looked indifferent. She was used to his temper by now. "She told me I looked tired sir. That I should get more rest." She said terrified of those looking at her, the first people her age. "Well if you hadn't been half asleep whilst getting here perhaps you wouldn't have been late."