SCHOOL!!!

Annabella rubbed her tired eyes and sat up feeling exhausted but still she got up from the bed slowly causing Minerva to wake with a start. The professor stretched and walked alongside her short, red headed daughter. "What has you so tired?" Minerva asked feeling that way herself. It took an hour before Annabella opened her mouth in defeat. "Snape had me cleaning his floors till six in the morning in the two detentions." Anger shot through the core of Minerva. 'How dare he hurt my baby?' She thought but didn't outwardly change only placing a hand on top of the small girl's and soothed her.

Breakfast started and Annabella was changed and headed for the hall where she was with her hoard of friends. Harry watched intently as she ate food at a vigorous pace. She spoke occasionally and very little but that was as she normally did. Most of her words to Ginny next to her as they discussed school so far. This was when Ginny heard of the new blossoming friendships the young girl had made with students her own age.

From the table Minerva watched happily as she noticed the rapid change in her daughter when she turned to the man on her right. "It took me an hour with her." She stated blandly. "Who?" Snape asked annoyed that she kept him guessing. "My daughter. The one you gave detention to." Her eyebrow raised and he knew he had done something wrong. "And?" His deep voice asked sounding bored. "She hasn't slept for three nights." He just nodded and replied "she looked tired. Perhaps you should check on her more." Minerva just glared and turned to Albus "I did not believe we carried out medieval methods of detention." Albus cocked a brow and looked at her sideways. "What do you mean?" He asked none-the-wiser. "A detention lasting till six in the morning where a first year was hunched over the potions floor with a bucket and scrub for hours on end." Her voice was clearly annoyed and anger occasionally evident in her thick Scottish accent.

"I fear Severus that your punishment was unjust." Albus responded giving a knowing look to the thirty something year old man. Severus felt guilt rush through him as well as annoyance towards himself for not thinking about her well being at all but his thoughts ended as quickly as breakfast did and he headed off to teach.

The day was a normal one with added homework and new spells learnt for all years. Annabella didn't struggle with the work as she had been a back seat student for years. The school was bright and exciting as the students travelled through the halls feeling the buzz of a new school year slowly fade and the truth of all the work they would have to complete. Students were less enthusiastic but the students had all gotten used to school and accepted the timetable that they would keep to. By the end of the day students had homework to complete as well as professors marking to be done. The day was tiring and all students as well as professors felt it.

The week passed in a similar manner with students attendance to first lesson slipping whilst more detentions were handed out and served. Annabella felt relief rush through her as she realised this would be her last detention. The halls were still her home and with all the short cuts she knew it would take a matter of seconds which she relied on as she didn't want to move from the common room sofa yet but, the minutes passed and so Bella rose to her feet moving to the room for her detention. The walls were decorated heavily with paintings that greeted the young girl as they recognised her and she responded warmly back with a simple 'hello' or 'nice to see you again' but she didn't stay still at all as she rushed through creaky tunnels and covered up entrances thick with dust. Her short frame wiggled in and out of the place as she found her way to the class. Soft knocks echoed through the classroom and a tired voice responded to enter which Bella did willingly. The door was a little heavy for her but with time she would have to issues with it she told herself. "Ah, Bella your detention tonight will be one hundred lines of my detention is finally over." he smiled mischievously at the young girl who quickly started with what he said.

My detention is finally over.