Balls!

The day for shopping finally turned up. Bella walked down with Ellis and Ginny as they all needed to get their dresses. "So baby blue?" Bella was questioned and sheepishly smiled. "It was the first colour I could think of." She admitted as they entered the shop. The three looked and before the blink of an eye Bella was the only one looking. "Can I help my dear?" The sweet shop owner asked shakily. "Yes. I would like a two piece baby blue skirt and top." She nodded and wondered off. "You seem to have an idea." Ginny commented and Bella just nodded decidedly.

Eventually the woman returned and handed her what she wanted. There was a smooth baby blue fabric. The skirt was short but not slut like and the top was beautiful. The back was not pure fabric as the material had been cut and stitched with a blocked manner that came across as elegant and delightful. "Thank you. Do you by chance have heels as well?" She asked and off the woman went again. "Every one has heels look." And Ellis pointed to her feet."oh silence." Bella joked and waited for the heels. 'Grey owl' was the colour of the heels that were brought forward. The heels were chunky similarly like the top as the base was thick.

The three all left after they paid and headed to the three broomsticks where their dates all waited. Bella smiled and headed over to Isaac and sat opposite him. He had already brought a drink but hadn't drank any of his yet. "So tell me about yourself." Bella stated. "Well I am a half blood. I love my friends and have wanted to ask you out since last year. What about you?" Bella slightly laughed and smiled at him. "Well I too am a half blood. I love my friends and my mother and I didn't think you even knew I existed." He shook his head. "Really? I mean I worked with you occasionally." She didn't say much but left it there. "So apart from your mum who else do you have?" He asked feeling nosy. "I have no one. Dad is dead and I am an only child. You?" Isaac looked sad but responded "Oh I have a big sister who left Hogwarts the year before we joined. I also have my parents. Both are half bloods." Bella nodded and smiled. "What do you do for fun?" She asked and the conversation carried on from there.

After two hours Bella decided it was time to head back. As they got outside Bella found that Isaac placed a coat on the shoulders of the young witch. "Thanks but are you not cold?' She asked but he shook his head as he already had a layer on. The walk back was filled with conversation still and the two got closer. Their hands had found each other and their sides were very close. Bella laughed the whole way as did he. The two went to the common room and found few people in there. "Must be shopping. Thanks." She stated and handed back his coat. "Perhaps we could spend today together?" He asked and Beth agreed. "Well what shall we do first?" She asked and he suggested that both of them put their clothes away. Bella waited for him as he did this so the two could go to Minerva's quarters. "Let's go." He sang slightly and they headed off.

Once outside the classroom Bella just walked in which, had she thought about it was a bad idea. As she walked in, Isaac was outside, she saw Snape with his dark mark on view. Her emerald green eyes went wide and Snape covered it quickly as he glared at her. She quickly pretended she hadn't seen and walked up to her mother. "My outfit." She stated and walked out again with the outfit still as she decided to go to the quarters instead.  "Wait here a second. I will be back." Bella stated and after a second or two she returned. "Let's go." Her voice was joyful but her mind raced.

The night of the ball came along and Bella was excited as she stood wearing her outfit with her hair in the usual curls but a thin headband wrapped around her head keeping it away from her face. Bella walked into the common room where they met their dates. Matt had gone to the Ravenclaw common room ages before. "Your highness. Isaac mocked but couldn't stop staring at her. All her friends had already gone in and so it was just those two. Bella touched up his tie that matched her outfit and she smiled whilst taking his arm.

The halls were emptier than usual but welcoming as music could be heard from ages away. The two walked and a light tap could be heard as Bella's heel made contact with the floor echoing throughout. Decorations were seen all around and even the paintings were jolly, well most, as the party commenced. Eventually they reached the door and they opened allowing Bella and Isaac to enter. The entire room stopped and stared at the two. Some not believing that she wore such a beautiful outfit or the pair in itself. As they made their way down the stairs the Ball continued as before with only a few still staring. Both students had their cheeks flush but Isaac covered it better than his partner.

The night slowly passed and Bella yawned as tiredness took over. She had danced too many dances because if Isaac wasn't dancing with her someone else would ask. Albus had taken her hand with a slight warning of not talking about what she had seen in the classroom which she agreed to. Bella had not even thought about telling anyone and no lessons had been held in preparation for the Ball so she couldn't ask he mother and she feared going to her class again.

Since first starting her first year Bella always tied her hair up even half up half down to tame her curls but at the ball they roamed free aside from the small owl grey headband that wrapped around her head which was lost almost instantly. Her hair attracted a lot of attention and people kept telling her to let the large ringlets free which Bella only agreed to. Minerva hugged her daughter so tightly that it hurt them both but Bella returned the hug just as tightly. "I love you." They both whispered into the others ear and quickly let go.

Isaac walked back with Bella near the end of the Ball and they walked outside around the grounds. A few professors were on duty but didn't berate the two as they only spoke and held hands. "I have had so much fun tonight." Bella admitted and Isaac agreed whole heartily. "My feet hurt though." She said and before any more could be uttered he picked her up and carried her to the common room. She laughed the whole way as she placed the coat, she had carried, over her legs to protect her dignity. When he finally put her down she swayed a second as she regained balance. "You're too light." He mused and she just laughed. "I am ideal weight." She retorted but Isaac dismissed it. After a second Isaac suddenly just kissed her which she returned excitedly as his hands tangled in her hair. His lips were soft but not as soft as hers. After a few moments they pulled apart and looked sheepish when she, finally being his height due to the heels, kissed his cheek. "Gute Nacht. Also I am wearing lipstick." She mumbled and headed to bed. Where she tossed and turned for half an hour till sleep over came her and she remembered the kiss in her dreams. 'I'm only twelve.' She thought but it didn't matter to her.