Bigger, Badder and Brutal-er! part 2

Bailey's POV

We walked to these giant totem poles by a river. Each statue was carved to look like our team's mutant animal. Our challenge was to cut down our totem pole, ride it down the river to the cabins and place it in front of the cabin we chose within seven minutes or said totem would explode.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Totally not dangerous at all! Thanks Chris! Seriously, who thought letting this guy host would be a good idea?"

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Alrighty, how are we going to get this thing down?" I asked no one in particular.

"Lightning's on it, shabam!" Lightning had an idea of his own, and it wasn't a good one. His plan was to climb the tree that was holding the totem poles up and cutting it down from there.

I would've been a great plan except for the fact that: A.) there were no branches to climb with; B.) it would take to long, we had seven minutes and C.) The tree was too slippery and Lightning fell down, landing on his butt.

"Slippery tree, don't worry Lightning never quits" Lightning said starting to climb again.

"To bad my cousin isn't here to give us tips on bare handed tree climbing" Staci said.

"Yeah, that's great Staci" I said, walking over to B. Honestly, Staci seemed like a nice girl, but she would not stop talking and it drove me nuts. She also seemed like a compulsive lier, there is no way that her family invented everything.

"Hey B! Whatcha doin'?" I asked.

B pointed to the seesaw he created.

"Cool seesaw, but what is it for?" I questioned.

B said nothing but brought Staci over and had her stand on the seesaw. Then he brought Sam over to the base of the tree. He then jumped on the seesaw catapulting Staci onto Sam's shoulders.

"Oh we make a human totem pole to cut down the real one!" I exclaimed and B nodded, smiling proudly that someone understood his plan.

After a couple of people it was my turn. "Alright B, send me up" I said fearlessly.

I was catapulted on top of guess who...

If you guessed Scott, you were right! 

"Hey, Bailey" he said sweetly.

I groaned.

"Look, I still don't get why you're mad at me" Scott said.

"You tripped me on the boat" I said, clearly still annoyed by everything that's happened today.

"I'm really sorry about that" he said.

"Sure you are, you seemed real sorry after you did it" I replied, using my signature sarcastic tone.

"No really, I was only fooling around, honest" he said.

"Look man. I don't know what you're trying to do right now but I don't appreciate it. We need to be focused on this challenge right now" I said as Dawn was catapulted onto my shoulders. I immediately turned my attention away from Scott in order to catch her.

"Can we talk about this after the challenge please?" Scott asked politely.

"Alright" I said with a smile. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"As long as we're talking things out like normal people I'm good, if he's talking me into an alliance I'm out so I gotta stay alert with this one. He's got all the makings of a villain I can tell already. He may be trying to cover that up with his charms, but I can see right through that freckled smile. That's what happens when you're the daughter of both an army soldier and a police officer, they teach you this stuff." *smiles proudly, crossing her arms over her chest* *goes wide-eyed* *nervously* "Did I say charms? I meant lies, he's a lier and I hate him. Yeah that's it."