Chapter 1

"You know, if you don't actually shoot the target, they're not going to send you out to do anything," Axel was leaning against the wall where he was training a certain someone and of course giving him hell like he always did. Axel grinned to himself as he peaked around the corner half expecting the boy to whip around and deck him a good punch across the face. It was fun teasing the younger boy, "Damn, you're one lousy shot there, Mir," he grinned further as he wrapped up one arm across his chest, resting the other on top of it as he pretended to inspect his fingernails with some sort of interest.

"Am not," Mir fired again to prove his point, hoping on his lucky stars that it would for once land in the center of the target. "You need glasses." 

Out of his peripheral vision, he noted Axel's look of... Scorn, and turned back to the field with a sigh. The room was darkened with moving projections here and there, acting as a simulator for what a real-life situation would be like. Mir jumped to the side reflexively as a laser beam shot out towards the area a few feet before him, and he turned to face the hologram of a sniper on a makeshift roof.

Axel laughed, "Well... that one you made, now how about that sniper? Lets see here... If you make it, one shot, clean kill I'll buy you something to eat, if you miss, well that just means I get to torture you some more by making you listen to me prattle on about how terrible of an assassin you are, how 'bout that?" he eyed the sniper for a moment before he glanced over to Mir.

Mir grumbled something in response, regarding the fact that he'll get grumbled on either way. Turning towards the shadowy figure emitted from the machines above, he lined up the sights on the training gun, taking aim at where the chest would be and pulling the trigger. Shifting his gaze upwards by just a few centimeters, he watched in anticipation to see whether the blow landed, hoping that the green health bar hovering above the target would hurry up and drain out already.

Axel tilted his head a bit. Eyeing the green bar that was steadily draining. Turning to Mir, he laughed a bit as he walked over to him, "Well, you have the right idea, aim for the largest part of the target, it's harder to miss that way. He'll die... well if he was real anyway, but it would take a while. Here, let me show you," he sighed a bit at the end, a little overly dramatic though as if to make it sound like he didn't want to when he didn't mind at all. 

Stepping up behind Mir, he took hold of the gun in the boys hand and lifted it up, "There, the scope. Anywhere near the scope and you would have had a clean kill. If you're going to be an assassin, Mir, you gotta learn to make cleaner kills. Silent, stealthy, deadly. Do you remember nothing that I've taught you in the past few years?" Axel asked as he turned his head to eye Mir as he was leaned over his shoulder, pointing the gun up to where he should have fired instead.

The anticipation... Mir grit his teeth at Axel's sigh, knowing full well that it was mock irritation. Maybe not entirely acted out, but still. He bit back a line of protest that would hopefully have made it clear that he hadn't exactly forgotten anything if it had gotten past his teeth at all. 

… I still don't know whether I'm getting the food or not, but as it stands now I'm only getting the lecturing bit.

He traced the imaginary line of fire from the tip of the pistol and up to the fading figure which served as his target, nodding briefly instead to acknowledge what Axel had said. The hologram faded completely a few seconds later, and he scanned the arena once more to see if another figure had emerged from wherever it had hidden.

Axel watched him a while longer before he released his hold on the boys hand and the gun, "I suppose in close combat you're a little bit better... granted only a little," he turned and put both hands on his hips as he was now standing in front of Mir, "So, you going to stand there all day or are you going to let me get you something to eat?" Axel asked as he jerked his head back to one of small buildings behind the large training yard and the facility that they were using.