pete dunne

prompt #17: "bite me."

•••••••

You were the newbie in NXT.

But you were probably one of the best on the roster already, in many people's opinion.

As you were getting your makeup and hair done for your match tonight against one of your best friends, Dakota Kai, you heard some of the other girls who were getting their makeup done as well, talking about someone.

"He's so cute. But he's kind of a jerk," One said.

"Yea, he is so hot. I just wish he wasn't such a prick all of the time." Another one said and before long, being the nosy person you are, you ask them who they were talking about.

"Oh, sorry. We're talking about NXT's own U.K. champion, Pete Dunne." The blonde one, whom had now introduced herself as Lacey Evans, said.

"Oh, hmm. I haven't seen him around." I mumbled to myself.

"Sweetie, you probably won't. He tries his hardest not to associate with the people of NXT." The brunette, whom you now knew to be Aliyah, said.

"O-Oh. He kinda does sound like a dick." I just said shaking my head.

They both laughed in unison.

"(Y/N)! To the gorilla!" I heard someone from the back shout.

"Alright, that's my que. Thanks for talking! Good luck tonight, ladies." You said smiling at your new friends.

"You too!" Lacey said and Aliyah just smiled and waved.

As I stood in the gorilla with Dakota I heard someone come in behind us.

He had dirty blonde, sort of long, hair. He was wearing a red wrestling one-piece and a title was propped up on his shoulder.

"This must be Pete Dunne," you thought to yourself as you saw him make his way into the gorilla.

Soon, Dakota's entrance music hit and she smiled to me as she went out.

"Hey! You're (Y/N), right?" I heard someone's voice say from behind me.

I turned around to be met with the "bruiser-weight" himself.

"Yea, and you must be Pete." I said, smiling.

"Y-Yea, I am." He replied, but all too slowly.

My music hit and I had to go out.

"Umm, I'm sorry, but can we continue this conversastion later, maybe? Thanks." I said, kissing his cheek and then making my way past the curtain and toward the ring.

•°•°•°•°•°after the match•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Oh my God! The crowd was on fire tonight!" I said as Dakota and I were making our way to the locker-rooms.

"Yes! They were so good. I'm gonna go talk to Nixon, so I'll see you later." She said, smiling and waving as I made my way into the locker room, happy to have a shower and wash all of the grime, and not to mention makeup off of my face.

As I was in the shower I heard some of the divas walk into the locker room.

"Oh my gosh, did you see Pete flirting with that newbie?" One said.

"Yea, he probably just wants to get into her pants if I'm being honest." The other said, causing them both to burst into laughter.

You just stayed in the shower until they left.

"Was that why Pete was really being so nice to me?" I wondered as I hopped out of the shower, dried off, and got dressed in some black, ripped, skinny jeans, black vans, and a Finn Bálor shirt (since he was your best friend from NJPW ;))

You dried your hair, leaving it fairly straight as you made your way from the locker room, luggage in hand, ready to sign a few autographs and go home for the night.

Once you were done signing some autographs and taking pictures for some fans, you were beyond ready to get to your hotel and sleep the night away.

"(Y/N)!" You hear an accented voice yell.

You turn around and roll your eyes with what your met with.

"What do you want, Dunne." You say, throwing your suitcase in the back if your rental car.

"Why are you being so mean? I thought you said you wanted us to continue our conversation?" He said, obviously confused as to why I was being so cold to him considering I had been a total sweetheart just hours before.

"Bite me, Dunne." You said, hopping into your rental car.

Before you knew what was happening, Pete had hopped in the passenger seat.

I rolled my eyes at the relentlessness of this man.

"Why do you care so much, Mr. I Just Want To Get In Your Pants?" You ask, the real reason why you were being rude coming out.

Pete laughed, almost chuckled at what you said.

"What's so funny, Pete?" You ask, confusion evident on your face.

"You really think the reason I'm being nice to you is because I want to get in your pants? Wow. Where'd you get that one from?" He ask, dumbfounded you would think of such a thing.

"I may have overheard some girls in the locker room." I said, eyes looking everywhere except for his.

"Did you ever stop to think for one second that maybe, just maybe, they're jealous because I'm showing you attention and not them?" He ask, looking into your eyes now.

You were gazing into his eyes and you instantly felt like you were on a high, he was so attractive but not in the way most boys were.

He didn't have perfect teeth, he wasn't ripped with an 8 or 6 pack to show his hard work, but he was just, well, him.

Ruggedly beautiful Pete Dunne.

The very Pete Dunne you were now falling for.