seth rollins

so, once again, a non-prompt induced imagine but I was just thinking about how blessed I am to have my parents and I wanted to write an imagine about someone meeting your parents so here we go!

disclaimer: i have divorced parents so this would like never happen and if you have divorced parents also, then just imagine this is real. idk that's how i think about it.

••••••••••

"Colby, it's okay." You chuckled, for what felt like the one-hundreth time today.

"I-I know, it's just. This is a big deal, y'know? I mean, (Y/N), these are your parents." He said, knee still bouncing up and down.

"And they're not that bad." You said, now pulling up in your driveway.

"C'mon, babe." You said, kissing his cheek as you hopped out of your car.

You waited on him to make his way around the car before taking his hand and leading him up the steps to the front door of your childhood home.

Opening the door, you let out a yell,"Mom! Dad! I'm home!"

You heard claws click-clacking their way towards you as you walked in.

"Rex!" You exclaimed, making your way over to your family dog; a black lab.

"(Y/N)! I'm in the kitchen." You heard your mom yell, and turned around to see Colby admiring some of the pictures on the walls.

"Time for the big moment." You said, taking his hand and intertwining your fingers.

"Hey Mama!" You exclaimed, almost in a full sprint to hug her neck.

"Oh!" She said, hugging you back as hard as you were squeezing her.

"So," you said stepping back from the hug,"Mom, this is Colby, Colby this is my mom, Mrs. (y/m/n)." You said, introducing the two.

"I've been waiting months to meet you, Colby! (Y/N) has told me so much about you. Wow, (Y/N), he is cuter in person!" She said, hugging my boyfriend to her chest.

"Mom!" I exclaimed, laughing my head off at how forward my mom was.

He just laughed, too, and hugged her back.

"It's nice to meet you, too, Mrs. (y/m/n). (Y/N)'s told me loads about you, too." He said, as they pulled away from the hug.

After helping Mom in the kitchen for a few minutes, I got curious.

"Where's dad?" I ask, breaking up the conversation my mom was having with Colby, curious to see where my dad was.

This was the moment that would pretty much decide mine and Colby's future.

My dad.

You see, I've always been what people would call a "daddy's girl". When I was little my dad was my favorite person, he taught me how to ride a bike and stand up for myself, he was my hero as a kid. Even as a teenager, he was still my hero; helping teach me life-lessons that he'd gone through as a kid.

"He's outside at the grill." Mom said, pointing to the patio that was on the side of our house.

I just nodded and took Colby's hand towards the french doors that separated the patio to the dining room.

Colby let in a nervous breath before I opened the door.

As soon as I opened the door, my dad's head swing back to see who was coming outside.

"Hey, dad." I said, making my way over to where my dad was grilling what looked like to be hamburgers.

"(Y/N)!" He exclaimed and met me half-way for a giant hug.

"I've missed you so much." I said, burying my face in my dad's shoulder

"I missed you too, (Y/N)." He said, soon letting me gonout of the embrace.

"Now, who's this?" My dad says in a joking tone.

"Dad, this is Colby, y'know, my boyfriend. And, Colby this is my dad, Mr. (y/d/n)." You said, smiling as you introduced the two most important men in your life to each other.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, sir." Colby said, putting out his hand to shake your dad's.

"No need for formalities, Colby. Just call me, (y/d/n). Now, I've seen some of your wrestling and I must say, you're quite the entertainer." My dad said, as I was trying to hide a smile.

"My dad's the one that got me into wrestling as a kid." I explained and Colby smiled at me.

"Well, thank you, sir. Did you know that (Y/N) makes all of my gear? She's so talented." Colby said smiling at me and me blushing at the compliment.

"Wow! (Y/N), you've gotten so much better. I'm happy you're getting to live your dreams." My dad said, smiling from ear to ear.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°time skip until after dinner, you and Colby are back in the car about to head home•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"So," you ask as you got into the car.

"You're parents are awesome, (Y/N). I've never had that go so smoothly. Your mom is an awesome cook! But CrossFit Jesus is gonna have to come out to lose all this off," he said, chuckling at his own joke.

"Well, I'm glad babe." You said, kissing his cheek as you went to back out.

Little did you know, after dinner when you were helping your mom put up the leftovers, Colby was sat with your dad outside on the patio.

"So, I can?" Colby ask your dad.

"Yes, I give you my blessing to marry (Y/N)." Your dad said chuckling.

"Thank God," Colby said, smiling a huge grin.

Now all that was left was to get down on his knee...