nick jackson

Prompt #24: "Just shut up and kiss me."

Since my birthday is this thursday, here's a birthday imagine 🎂🎉

••••••

"Matt! Why do I have to go all the way to another town just so you and Nick can get your new gear? Why can't you guys just, I don't know, go do it." You said, obviously frustrated.

Well, you had a right to be.

Firstly, your boyfriend, Nick, and his brother, Matt, had forgotten your birthday.

Then, his brother just ask you to drive for 2 hours to get stupid custom made gear.

"Please, (Y/N)! You know better than anyone how little time I get to spend with my kids. Please." He ask, practically begging at this point.

"Ugh, fine, Matt. Just know I love you, weirdo." You said, knowing you weren't going to take anymore of his family's time away from him than wrestling already did.

"Love you, too, (Y/N). Thanks again." He said, hanging up the phone.

You just shook your head at the older brother of your boyfriend and decided to make Nick and yourself some breakfast so you could go meet the seamstress to get the boys' gear soon.

"Mmm, hey, babe." Nick said, stumbling into the kitchen where you were.

"Finally wake up, sleepyhead?" You ask, smiling at your boyfriend.

Sure you were disappointed he had forgotten your birthday, but he had other, much better things to worry about.

"Hey, you try taking a red-eye flight from Tokyo to L.A., and then drive for an hour. You'll sleep 10 hours, too." He said, making you chuckle.

"I know, I'm just teasing you." You said, making your way over to your boyfriend, wrapping your arms around him and leaning on his chest.

"I missed you." He said, kissing my head.

"I missed you, too, babe." You said back, leaning up to place a peck on his lips.

"So," you said sighing,"Matt called."

"About what?" Nick ask, shoving a piece of bacon in his mouth.

"He ask me if I would drive all the way to Pasadena to get you guys your new gear." You said, eyes glued on fixing your plate.

"Oh, you don't have to, sweetheart. I will later today." He said, smiling at me.

"No, no. You need to rest and just chill out; Matt needs family time, apart from you, y'know. I have no problems getting it whatsoever." You said, smiling back at your boyfriend.

"Promise?" He ask, making his way to you, pinkie held out.

Sure, it was childish, but it was yours and Nick's way of asking eachother if you were okay.

"Promise." You said, wrapping your pinkie around his.

After you two had a rather uneventful breakfast, you decided to head out.

"Hey, babe? I'm gone!" You yelled, as you were walking out the door.

You heard Nick yell back an 'okay' and 'drive safe' as you shut the door.

After about 10 minutes of safely making your way through L.A., while caught in traffic, you decided to call the seamstress to see if she had the gear ready to pick up.

"Hi! Is this Sandra?" You ask into the phone.

"Yes, it is." You heard a friendly, female voice respond and you decided to tell why you were calling.

"Hi, I'm Nick Massie's girlfriend. I was about to come to Pasadena to see if maybe I could get the boys' gear?" I ask, sweetly.

"How about this? I was actually on my way to L.A. to see my daughter and make alterations to her wedding dress and I just so happen to have your boys' gear with me. How about I drop it off to you somewhere?" She ask, and I let out a sigh.

Thank God I wouldn't have to drive for two hours there and back.

"Oh my God, that would be amazing. Let me know where would be best for you to meet me. Thank you so much!" You said, smiling from ear to ear.

"No problem, sweetheart. I'll text you." She said before hanging up the phone.

It was only an hour later and I had the boys gear and was coming into the house.

"Honey, I'm Home-Are you cooking something?" I ask, making my way into the kitchen to see Nick, Matt and Dana (Matt's wife), Kourtney (Matt's daughter), and Zach (Matt's son) all in the kitchen, gathered around and talking.

"Nick, what's going on?" You ask, confused at the sight in front of you.

Dana was frosting a cake and Nick was placing some candles on it.

"(Y/N)? You aren't supposed to be back for like another 2 hours!" Nick said, confused and already frustrated.

"I-I called the seamstress and she wanted to see her daughter who lives here so she met me in town with your gear. Were you guys trying to surprise me?" You ask, smile on your face.

"Yea.. Crap! Leave it to me to mess this up!" Nick said, storming out of the room.

Matt and Dana looked at eachother, eyes wide, and then to me.

"Happy Birthday?" They both said, but it sounded more like a question.

"Thank you, guys. I-I'm gonna go talk to him." I said, still kind of confused.

As I made my way up the stairs I still had a smile on my face.

"He didn't forget my birthday." I thought to myself as I made my way to our shared bedroom.

I opened the door and saw Nick face down on the bed.

"Nick?" I ask, making my way into the room and closing the door behind me as I stepped further into the room.

"Yea?" He ask.

"Were you guys trying to surprise me?" I ask, sitting on the bed as my hand ran up and down his thigh.

"Y-Yea," he said sitting up and taking my hand into his much bigger and calloused one,"I don't know, I just wanted you to remember this birthday. You do so much for me, like today. I don't know anyone else who would drop everything just to go get me and my brother gear that we could easily drive to go get. I don't know it's just crappy that it didn't work out. Like I planned to have all of these balloons and cake and I had to get Dana to help me make a cake because I had no idea how and-"

"Just shut up and kiss me." You said smiling from ear to ear.

"Huh?" Nick ask, smiling at me.

"You heard me." You said, both of your faces leaning in.

Your lips met and it felt just like everytime you two kissed; sparks.

You broke the kiss and leaned your forehead onto his.

"Thank you. Even though the plan failed because I just happened to ruin it, thank you. No one's ever gone through this much trouble for me to just have a good birthday. I love you, babe." You said, planting another kiss on his lips.

Soon enough, the kiss became heated, you being pulled on to Nick's lap.

"Mmm," Nick mumbled breaking up the kiss.

"What?" You ask, still seated on his lap.

"There'll be more of this later," He said, winking at you as he got up and left the room to go back to the kitchen.