pete dunne

prompt #27: "Well this is awkward."

••••••

"C'mon, Pete! I promise she's gorgeous! And a sweetheart! Please!" You begged your best friend.

Truthfully, you knew what you were trying to do. You were setting Pete, your fellow wrestler and best friend, with one of you friends, Millie Mckenzie. //a.n. high-key ship them irl//

You thought the two would get along, both being wrestlers and slightly different.

But in all honesty, you wanted Pete.

You wanted him to be yours, yours to hold and cherish and love, but you knew he would never think of you in the same respect.

So, you devised this plan. To get him a girlfriend so he wouldn't be able to be around you all the time.

"Just because I'm sick of you begging, I'll go. But you have to go on a date with someone of my choice." He suggested, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Ugh, fine. Who?" You ask, honestly wanting to know.

"That's for me to know, and you, to find out." He said, booping your nose as he left the locker-room.

Now you were left to figure out who he was going to set you up with.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°time skip to date night•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"Pete, there is no one here." You said into the phone, flustered because you'd been waiting for close to 10 minutes.

"He'll be there, I promise. He's always late." He said, before saying he had met up with Millie, and politely hanging up the call.

"(Y/N)?" You heard a British accent say from behind you.

Turning around you are met with none other than Tyler Bate.

"Hey, Ty!" You shouted, getting up to give your friend a hug.

In all honesty, you should have expected either Tyler or Trent, but it for some reason never crossed your mind.

He soon sat down and you two chatted, you were close friends, after all.

"Wanna go get some frozen yogurt? I saw a vegan place close to here?" He ask, smiling at me.

"Sure!" You said, hopping up from the table.

•°•°•°•°•time skip to the vegan froyo place because pete dunne is a vegan icon•°•°•°•°•

"(Y/N)?" You heard behind you as you ordered.

You turned around to be met by Millie.

"Oh my God, Millie!" You said, going to hug your friend.

You two giggled at the fact that your dates had collided.

Tyler and Pete were talking while you and Millie were, as well.

"Well, well, well, Dunne." You said, making your way over to your bestfriend.

"Looks like they're getting along." He said, pointing over at Millie and Tyler who seemed to be talking and flirting it up.

"Well, looks like my plan backfired." You said, laughing at yourself.

Pete just gave a slight smile but the conversation was soon interrupted by the pair we were talking about.

"Hey, sorry to do this, but me and Tyler wanna go see this movie. See you guys later?" Millie ask, smiling at us.

Both of us nodded and told them to have a good time.

As you and Pete walked down the street, you kept exchanging glances.

"Y'know, I think they'll be good together." Pete said, smiling at me.

"Oh, yea. For sure." You say, smiling back, eyes glancing in between his lips and his eyes.

"Well, this is awkward." Pete said, chuckling.

"Tell me about it." You said, laughing as you put your hand on Pete's arm.

Pete glanced down at the hand, then intertwined his fingers with yours.

A blush creeps up o your cheeks as you keep your head down.

"(Y/N). Why'd you really set me up with Millie?" He ask, putting emphasis on the "really".

"Uhm, I thought you'd be good together and-"

He cut you off by stopping your walking and putting his hands on either side of your face.

"(Y/N), you know you're a bad liar." He said, smiling at you.

"F-Fine. I thought that maybe if you had a girlfriend, that my feelings would go away or it'd make it easier to ignore you, because y'know you'd have a girlfriend." You said, flustered and looking at the ground.

"Oh, (Y/N)." Pete said, looking me dead in the eye.

"I know you don't look at me like that but I've liked you for a while and I don't know why but I do-"

Lips were enclosing yours in a kiss before you could even finish your statement.

After a while Pete had you pushed up against the wall, strong hands holding you in place.

"Mmm, Pete." You said, resting your forehead against his.

"Yea?" He ask, hot breath fanning over your face, though you didn't mind.

"I love you." You said, hungrily attaching your lips back to his.

This was perfect.

Sure, it wasn't actually "perfect" but then again, nothing in life is.