finn bálor

Not a prompt; just an idea I had after watching Raw the other night.

Overview: Fergal is disappointed, angry, but most of all frustrated at the writers for booking him to lose all of the matches that would get him back to his Universal Title.

••••••••••

"Fergal?" You ask, knocking on the door to his locker-room.

"It's open." You heard your boyfriend say in a weak voice.

Joe (Roman) had just pinned him for yet another possible shot at the Universal Championship.

Sure, you were a wrestler, you knew that everything always comes back full-circle. But lately, it seems like it's been nothing but a constant struggle with Fergal. He would win matches that were meaningless, like the one he had just had at Extreme Rules against Baron, but when they mattered the most, he was jobbed out.

It broke your heart that the upper-management wouldn't give him the opportunity to get his title back. The title he had to give up two years ago due to an injury.

As you made your way into the room, you saw Fergal slumped over in the corner, wearing his usual khakis and wwe polo shirt he always wore after his matches.

"Hey, babe." You said, making your way over to your obviously disappointed boyfriend.

He looked up and you saw tears in his eyes; your heart breaking into pieces instantly.

He just shook his head and put it back into his hands, violent sobs now shaking his body.

"Oh, honey." You said, making your way over to sit as close as possible to him.

You pulled his head onto your chest, just letting him cry everything out.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be here sooner. My match ran later." You said, running your hands through his dark locks.

"I-It's okay. I saw you. You looked really good out there, love." He said, wiping his eyes, though he still left his head hanging low.

"Fergal, look at me," You said being more stern than you usually were with your favorite person.

He looked up at you, blue eyes still bloodshot from the tears that were just pouring out of them.

"I love you. They love you. Twitter is going insane right now about you losing. You haven't let anyone down, and everyone knows it's not your fault. Our writers suck and they're terrible and they wouldn't realize a good thing if it superplexed them into a freaking table. Even Joe was pissed that he won. He knows he's overpushed, love. But, know this. Cherish this. Cherish it being slow right now. Because when you get your hands on that Universal Championship again, it's going to be non-stop. And just think, maybe we could both be champs. Huh. That'd be cool, wouldn't it?" You said, smiling at your boyfriend.

"How do you know how to make me feel better? Like always?" He said, slightly huffing a laugh.

"I don't know. Consider it my superpower." You said, doing some dorky motion with your hands, cracking Fergal up.

"I love you, my little superhero." He said, placing a gentle peck on your lips.

"I love you, too, my underrated Irish butt-kicker." You said back after the two of you broke the kiss.

These times without the title and the shots for it, they were going to be hard. But as long as you kept cheering up Fergal, we were going to be alright.