Chapter 14: Rage Fueled Kitty Cat

Your P.O.V.
As John and Bruce arrived, you decided to bring Mr. Hellboy knockoff back to his holding cell. As Supergirl decided to do cleanup, you wanted to question Redhead one more time. As you walked through the destroyed room, you saw a pair of red eyes peeking through a hole in the wall. You shook your head lightly and heard Atrocitus laugh, he said "Feeling the effects of my poison? I can feel your fear, begging you to fight with rage." You shut him out as best you could and brought him to his cell. "Maybe I can infect your girlfriend next, see her nightmares of you come to fruition! Make it so you are a monster in her eyes!" he hollered. You could feel your rage surfacing, begging to get out. Only Dark Matter suppressed it by wrapping Atrocitus in chains and gagging his mouth with a chain. Dark Matter then snarled and said to Atrocitus "Mention her again and I will melt your skeleton and watch your body fold unto itself."

Atrocitus was enjoying it, much to your dismay, and spat "There's the monster that I've heard so much about. Seems Nekron was right about you." "Nekron?" you questioned. "The Lantern of Death. He's killed hundreds upon thousands of races, both good and bad. And you have a striking resemblance to him." Atrocitus said, to which Dark Matter took on a different form, his true form, you dared not look. Atrocitus was beginning to get worried and Dark Matter said, with a distorted, demonic, ghastly voice "I take that useless form to scare the scum that infest this world. But for you, I'll take pleasure in making sure you're haunted by the sins you have committed. Cause the Devil didn't make you do it, you did." And all of a sudden you heard the alarm blare. You groaned and Dark Matter absorbed back into your body "What now? Did Ms. Stripper manage to return?"

Supergirl's P.O.V.
I heard the alarm go off and I asked Brainy "What is it? Is it her again?" "No, it doesn't seem to be her. It looks like, a red Lantern." Alex, Batman and John readied themselves for combat, as did I. I looked around and to my surprise I saw a cat, with a red ring on it's tail. The cat also had a black suit with red outlines. As I was slowly approaching the cat, it started to fly. I backed up as it started to growl and it's tail began to glow red. The cat screeched as it started shooting red orbs out of it's tail, firing at anything and everything. Alex, Brainy and Batman ducked for cover while John made a green shield, I had to stand behind it due to the cats alien powers. The DEO agents were staying behind cover while some were firing.

(F/N) walked out on to the battlefield and saw the cat, (he/she) was immediately thinking of how cute it was. For some reason (he/she) wasn't scared of the feline, instead (he/she) went closer. The cat saw this and fired at (him/her), only for Dark Matter to catch it via a black hand forming on (F/N)'s back. The cat kept firing and Dark Matter kept catching them and crushing them. (F/N) was right in front of the cat who was now tired out and on all fours. (F/N) then brought his hand out and the cat was hesitant about letting (him/her) to pet him or her. But the cat allowed it and (F/N) was petting the cat who nearly killed us. After a good while of petting, the red ring actually came off by itself. The cat was now on it's back as (F/N) was rubbing it's belly. All of us were shocked and confused.

Timeskip
3rd P.O.V.
(F/N) explained about Dexter, the cat that Atrocitus called Dex-Starr, and how his owner was also someone he cared for. (F/N) only visited once and Dexter was very fond of her. She was elderly and wanted company after her husband died, so (F/N) suggested a cat (he/she) found. (He/She) was still going to college when Dexter was given to her so (F/N) couldn't take care of him. And when she was robbed and killed by muggers, Dexter was out on the street with no food, no water, no shelter, and it was pouring out. When (F/N) found him he was about to be killed. Two muggers were holding him at gun point and Dexter found a rage inside him, which attracted the power ring, letting him kill the two muggers. But (F/N) was shot and Dexter thought (he/she) was dead. With no one to care for him he found Atrocitus and became a rage feuled kitty cat.

As Atrocitus heard the news he was almost heartbroken, Dex-Starr was also his best friend. But since Dexter found out how deadly Atrocitus was he favored (F/N) over him. With this you let Atrocitus go, with the DEO's consent, and he left to go back to Ryuut. Before he left, Dexter gave him his last goodbyes. With the day of a lifetime over, you headed back to your normal home, with Dexter as well. You got cat food for him, a nice comfy bed, and some toys as well. You almost teared up when you knew what he had been through and where he is now. As you were getting ready for bed you heard a knock on the door. You arrived at the door and saw John.

He said "(F/N), may I come in?" "Yes of course." you replied as he entered. He said "I won't be long, we have to prepare for Nekron. But before I go I thought I'd give you some gifts, as a thanks for helping me." you shuffled a bit and Dexter jumped up on a table close to you. John said "I realize how much Dexter means to you, so the Green Lantern Corps have offered him a ring, for his will power to break through the Red Lanterns." and brought his hand out with a floating green power ring. It then floated towards Dextar and went on his tail. Dextar was purring contently that he had a ring back on his tail. Then John said "And I realize, since you have the Rage sickness and a cat in your care, I will let you complete it. You have defeated a Yellow Lantern and a Pink Lantern, now you can defeat a Green Lantern." you stood in shock and John said "I'll be floated back to Oa in an hour so don't worry about time." With John's consent you said with a warning "This may hurt." he nodded and you punched him square in the jaw hard enough to knock him out but not hard enough to break his jaw.

Your P.O.V.
After an hour John's body was teleported somewhere, you assumed Oa, and heard one more knock on your door. You opened it to see Kara, without her glasses, almost about to knock again until she saw you. She jumped slightly and said "Hi, can I come in?" "For you? Anything." you spoke, making her blush slightly as she entered your home. She said "We need to get the sickness out of you." "Kara, I-" "Thankfully there might be another Lantern nearby, let's go." "Kara, I'm cured." "Don't worry we'll have plenty of time to t-..." she looked at you with a blank face and said "What?" "John allowed me to knock him out, curing my sickness. No more hallucinations." She let out a relieved chuckle and kissed you. It started as a quick kiss but soon turned into a passionate make out session. Kara made sure it didn't go off the rails due to the Lantern that popped up on Brainy's radar. She told you about the Lantern, but the detail that remained prominent to you was his striking similarity to the Grim Reaper.

A/N: Hey people. This took a lot of heart and soul to write, but rest assured this book is far from over. In fact there is a surprise for chapters 16-20, but I ain't saying anything else. But either way I hope you enjoyed this chapter and make sure to vote for the next books in the conversations, the X Male Reader and my new side project, and I hope you have a great day/night. :)