Chapter 31-safe

There was a long silence in the room Me, Levi and Erwin. We had just reported on how the experiments went. Ewrin said. "I see... another failure, then? If the plan would have worked out, we could have plugged the hole in Shiganshina District in less than a day."

"Only if it was that easy" I sighed.

"It's because we lack information" Levi said looking at me.

"How would that help?" I asked tilting my head in confusion.

"We might have been able to do it if there was a book about the hardening ability" he explained.

"Right" I muttered.

"But we have Christa. No, Historian Reiss... Maybe we can learn about the wall through her?" Levi said staring at the ground.

"We don't know if she has that information herself though. But it's a high possibility her family does" I said thinking out loud.

"I've read the entire report about her upbringing. She's the illegitimate daughter of Lord Reiss, and it's by no means a happy story" Erwin told us. I looked towards Levi who stayed silent as he just looked into my eyes. For some reason, I couldn't read what he was thinking.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Ewrin spoke again "But the real mystery here... is why a mere regional lord would know the secrets of the wall"

~Time skip~
(In the cottage thing again)

"Huh? What was that?" Levi asked Hanji.

Hanji looked up from of the floor and announced "He's dead... Pastor Nick. It was a murder"

"When did it happen?" I asked her.

"This morning in the Trost District barracks. I figured the Church would want to deal with Nick since he was cooperating with the scouts. That's why I hid hid identity and had him in the barracks, but. To think they would use soldiers to kill him... I was too careless. It's entirely my fault"

There was silence, I looked down at the tea in front of me watching it. I felt something touch my hand that was under the table. My reaction was to pull back but when my eyes were caught with Levi. I had to hold back a smile. I put my hand back where it was and Levi held it in his. It was warm and comforting but I looked back at the group like nothing was happening. As no one could see, it was under the table.

"The military police... did they torture Pastor Nick just to find out what information he spilled to us?" Armin asked.

"Probably, I mean what other reason do they have, right?" I shrugged.

"Yeah" Armin muttered.

"But it was the Interior Military Police,which means there's something more behind it" Levi said rubbing his thumb over my hand. "So, how many nails did Nick have ripped off?" Levi asked towards Hanji.

"Huh?" Hanji asked probably confused why he was asking.

"You saw. Right? How many?" He repeated.

"I only caught a glimpse of him, but all the nails that I could see." She claimed.

'At least he didn't say anything, but God that must've hurt' I though to myself.

"People that talk, talk after one. If they don't peeling more won't make a difference. Pastor Nick... I thought he was an idiot, but... he didn't turn away from what he believed, all the way till the end" Levi said making Hanji tense "In other words, they have no idea we've caught wind of the Reiss family. Though, someone in the government is up to no good, and their eyes are fixed on us"

"Do you think they'll try attack us directly?" I asked him.

"Not sure, maybe" he said thinking.

"Captin Levi" a girl said walking in the door. "A message from Commander Erwin: she said giving him the letter.

Levi opened it and began reading, "I went to tell him about Pastor Nick, but he sent me off with this" she said.

"Everyone, out. We leave, now" Levi ordered seriously standing up. "Leave no trace we were here" everyone looked confused but did it anyway.

We grabbed all our stuth and quickly left the building. We began walking to get away "I guess they tried the attack after all" I sighed.

"Yeah. Unlucky for them were not going to be there" Levi said back to me. When we were far away and in a safe place we looked down at the cottage.

"That was close... if we hadn't left right then, what would've happened to us?" Conny said with wide eyes

"But why? What would make Commander Erwin...?" Armin asked shocked how he knew.

"New orders came from the government" Levi said to him. "There's been a freeze on all scout Regiment activity outside the wall. They're telling us to hand over Eren and Historia"

The red haired girl from before said "By the way. Right after he gave me the message... the Military Police came for him..."

'He's captured. Why didn't she say something before' I thought clenching my fist.

"That's treating him like some sort of criminal!" Hanji shouted.

"Someone's not working from the shadows anymore. There moving for all eyes to see" Levi stated.

"To go that far to protect the walls secrets... what's more, why do they want us to hand over Eren and Historia. Not to Kill, but for them to obtain?" Hanji said thinking.

"Who knows? Anyways, it's clear the enemy is after these two" Levi countered.

"Probably trying to stop Eren from getting back to Siganshina" I muttered.

"That could be the case, but either way we have to stop them" Levi said. "anyway, Loitering around here is dangerous. Were moving her and Eren to Trost District"

"Why? That's the same place Pastor Nick was killed" someone asked for the whole group, shocked.

"It's worse to head towards the interior. With Troston in a panic, it should be easy to slip in. And if somehow it comes down to it. We can use these in the city" he said looking down, referring to the ODM gear.

"True..." Armin whispered.

"Plus, not knowing the enemy puts us in a tough spot. We need to find out who's behind this. Hanji, lend me some of your squad" Levi requested.

"Of corse" Hanji nodded. "All right, I'm going after Erwin. Moblit's with me. The rest of you will follow Levi" Hanji ordered her team.

"Hanji. Here... I remembered a conversation between Ymir and Bertholt. Didn't get time to tell you. But it's here" Eren said running up to Hanji and giving her a piece of paper.

Hanji took the paper "all right. I'll take a look at it later" she got on her horse and they both road off.

~~~
Hope you liked it.
It's terrible but I'm trying.
Can't wait for it to be dubbed.
---
I've posted episode 2 on to chapters back were I also posted episode 1.

----
Next Chapter should have ACTION!