Chapter 19

"Alright, I suppose I should tell my story. But, you're not going to be very happy when you hear it." Taehyung, sighed.

"Why do you seem so worried?" Jungkook, frowned.

"It has scared some people away because they weren't sure of how to help me and they didn't want to break me further."

"Whatever you say. I promise I won't leave you. I know, I've been lying to you and it's not going to be fair what I'm about to ask you. But, please trust me. I won't walk out on you."

"Fine." Taehyung, nodded.

"Alright, I'm ready to listen." Jungkook, motioned for Taehyung to start.

"When I was little, I thought I had the happiest childhood any kid could want. My mom would spoil me and my dad would read me stories when he got home from work. But, then that all changed one day and I still don't know why. Was it my fault? What had I done to him?" Taehyung, took in a shaky breath as Jungkook watched in worry.

"One day, I heard screaming. I couldn't of been more than nine years old. I went rushing into the living room. Stupidest thing I've ever done because that was my first mistake. There was my dad standing over my mom. She was bleeding from a stab wound to the side. I remember screaming in horror. My dad held the weapon in his hand, a dagger. His head had snapped up in anger. He came stomping over to me. He hissed at me to shut up and go back to my room. But, how could I listen? My mom was bleeding horribly and she was sobbing violently. How could I go back to my room and pretend I saw nothing?!" Taehyung, spat in anger. He now had a steady stream of tears going down his face.

"Alright, come here Taehyung." Jungkook, whispered as he pulled the younger male onto his lap. This time, Taehyung did not refuse or protest. Simply let himself be pulled into the comforting arms of his crush.

"Do you want to continue? You can stop if you want." Jungkook, offered as he rubbed the brunettes back.

"No, I want you to hear this."

Taehyung, took in a deep breath and continued.

"So, I screamed at him 'no, I won't go back. Why are you doing this to her?!'. So, he came at me next. He sliced right along my collar bone and my back. It hurt like hell, of course. But, I kept yelling at him to stop hurting my mom. The next day, he had apologized to both of us. My mom forgave him. But, I was still pissed off. He wasn't the same after that day. He would come after me at random times. Sometimes it would just be a taunt as he twirled the dagger between his fingers. Other times he would slash me in places that clothing could easily cover up. I guess I was lucky? He never sexually abused me. For that I should be grateful. But, it still hurt like hell! One day I thought he was the best dad in the world. The next, I couldn't wait until I could get away from him." Taehyung, sighed in sadness.

"What is it?" Jungkook, frowned. He could see that Taehyung wanted to say something else. But, he was mentally debating whether he should or not.

"It's just, why? Why did mom die not long after that? Why was dad so upset about it when all he did was cause her pain? What made them believe I did it? They were willing to take me in when the DNA results weren't even a complete match. But, why?" Taehyung, started shaking his head, laughing miserably.

"Well, let's not focus on that. What made you want to be a cop in the first place?"

At that, Taehyung froze.

"I hit a nerve didn't I? I'm sorry, you don't have to answer if you don't want to."

"No, I told you I would tell you and I'm going to tell you." Taehyung, said in determination.

"I realized that I could do one of two things. One, I could let fear control me. I could let sadness control me. I could let anger control me. I could simply let all my awful emotions control me and commit suicide or go down my dads dark path. Or, I could do something about it. I could help other people like me. I could arrest him so that he didn't hurt me anymore. As you can see, I chose the later and I'm glad I did." Taehyung, smiled for the first time since the conversation started.

The moment was ruined when Jungkook's phone began to ring.

"Hello?" Taehyung, couldn't really hear the conversation.

He was mainly bummed because Jungkook had moved away from him in favor of standing up to take the call.

All he heard was- uh huh, that's great, alright, thank you, yes I'll tell him.

"So?" Taehyung, spoke up when Jungkook hung up the phone.

"They just interrogated your dad and it seems like he had a lot to say. They want to tell you some of what he said. They think you're going to like it. So, we're heading down to the police department now." Jungkook, grinned.

"What about Kookie?" Taehyung, pouted.

"Kookie?" Jungkook, questioned.

"Yeah, the puppy! That's what I named him." Taehyung, grinned.

"Why, Kookie?"

"Like Jungkookie! He reminds me of you." Taehyung, giggled.

'At least his mood brightened up.' Jungkook, shook his head as he smiled fondly at the younger male.

"We'll have Yoongi and Jimin look after him. Let's go, they're most likely in Yoongi's apartment." Taehyung, nodded and they went to Yoonmin.

"Hey!" Jungkook, greeted as he swung open the dorm door.

Yoongi, lazily looked at him. His cheeks were red and his shirt was ruffled.

Jimin, looked at them in slight panic. His neck had a few marks and his face was insanely flushed.

Yoongi, perked up when he saw Taehyung. He went over and hugged the brunette.

"Hey, Tae." Yoongi, gave him his gummy smile.

Jungkook, glared at the shorter male.

"Chill, copper." Yoongi, lazily waved his hand as he hugged the brunette.

Jungkook, suddenly growled like a dog.

Yoongi's head snapped towards him.

"What the hell was that?" Yoongi, hissed in surprise as he only clung onto Taehyung tighter. Much to the disappointment of both Jimin and Jungkook.

Jungkook, only smirked.

"Alright, what is it that you two wanted?" Jimin, grumbled.

"Go to your boyfriend." Taehyung, whispered to Yoongi as he hugged his best friend back.

"I will when you two leave." Yoongi, whispered back.

Taehyung, chuckled at his best friends behavior.

"We were wondering if you could watch our puppy Kookie while we go down to the police station."

"Sure." Jimin, agreed as he took the puppy from Jungkook.

Once they left, Jungkook was still in a sour mood.

"What's wrong?" Taehyung,frowned.

"Why are you and him so clingy?" Jungkook, groaned.

"Yoongi? I guess I have to tell you that story too, huh?"

"If you don't mind."

"Alright, I'll tell you in the drive over to the police station."