12. The Aftermath

(Quick A/n)

I know what your thinking. "What is this, she is still alive." I'm so sorry for my break, but it was family and I love my family dearly. Anyways, here's the chapter.

After an hour of driving Steel stirred in the passenger seat of angel. 'He's too cute, I just couldn't leave him. Ruby will just have to deal with it.' you thought. While you were lost in thought about pizza, yes pizza, you almost missed the rusty gas station sign. Pulling in, you noticed Ruby leaning against the front wall of the small building. "Look who finally graced me with her presence," Ruby teased, moving from her spot on the wall to walk towards Angel. "Well, I figured getting here late is better than not getting here at all. Those boys won't leave me alone until I moved to the shower," you complained. "Oh poor you." Ruby replied sarcastically. She opened the passenger-side door and gave me a 'seriously' look. "Ruby, meet Steel. Steel, meet Ruby." She didn't say anything and just moved in and placed Steel in her lap. "See look he isn't all that bad," you said driving off.

Another thirty minutes passed and you wanted to tell Ruby your decision. You, Y/n L/n, will always be a hunter no matter what happens. You looked over and saw Steel peacefully sleeping on her lap, while she was petting him gently. "Hey, Ruby. I want to tell you something." "Shoot." You paused wanting to think a little more on how to say it. "I am staying a hunter. I just can't watch innocent people get hurt." After you had said that there was a silence. You started to get a little nervous. "Ok, cool. We do start?" You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding. "You want to hunt with me?" you asked shocked that a demon would want to hunt with you. "Do you have a problem with that?" "Of course not. I just thought that you wouldn't want me to hunt." "I never expected you not to." "Well that's great. Thanks Ruby."

-_-_- el timeskip brought to you by my laziness -_-_-

Dean's Pov:

It had been a month since Y/n left us and Sam wasn't getting any better. He found a case, did the case (poorly and almost got himself killed a few times), and then drank until he passed out. He blamed himself for not coming with her when Ruby got her and her disappearing in the night. She didn't even leave a note. When we woke up she was gone.

~Flashback~

I woke up to the sound of glass breaking. I shot up grabbing my gun looking for a threat that wasn't there, instead I found my little brother. His hand was bloody and he was leaning against the bathtub with his knees to his chest. "She's gone. Where could she be..." he keep rambling things about someone being gone. That's when I noticed Y/n wasn't there helping him calm down or asleep in the bed next to mine. I prayed to Gabe and Cas hoping one of them could help. Neither of the angel answered, so I decided to try and help him. "Hey Sam. What do you mean she's gone?" "Y/n... i-is gone," he said between sobs. "Maybe she just went for breakfast and she hasn't gotten back yet," I tried to consul him. "I've been waiting for an hour for her. I think s-she just l-left," he sobbed. "W-what if Ruby told her a-about demon blood. What if s-she told h-her lies but s-she believed her?!" "I'm so sorry, Sammy," I repeated.

~End Flashback~

I decided it was time he got back to normal. So, I called Bobby again. He said that Y/n didn't want to see us, but Sam wasn't getting any better. He picked up on the first ring. "Hello?" he answered. "Hey, Bobby. This is Dean." "Hey boy. Whatcha need." "Well I was wondering if you had given Y/n a hunt recently." "Yeah, but like I said she doesn't want to be around you two idjits." "C'mon Bobby, please. Sam isn't doing to well. He drink and doesn't really care about himself anymore. He's getting worse without her." "Well that sucks, but I just can't I pr-" I cut him off, "Sam is gonna get himself killed, if he keeps going on like this. Please, Bobby." "Fine, but I'm only doing this so your idjit brother doesn't get himself killed." "Thank you." "I gave her and this other girl a case; some vampires in Memphis, Tennessee. Also, I'm not gonna judge her, she like my daughter, but they both seemed a little friendly for just meeting a month ago. I don't know if that's why she left your brother, but she might-" "What did she look like?" "She had brown hair and eyes. Around 5'4 maybe. She never came inside. She wore black a lot. Why do you ask?" "There not together just in case you really wanted to know. Thank you for the info." "You're welcome boy. Tell Sam hi for me." "Got it, bye." I hung up and told Sam about the case, leaving out the part about it being Y/n's case.

Your Pov:

"Come on, Ruby, that's my bed," you whined. "But maybe I don't wanna sleep on the couch." "I didn't think you needed to sleep." "I don't need to, but I want to," Ruby complained. "Ugh fine. We can share, but you stay on your side and Steel can pick who he sleeps with." "Yay!" You rolled your eyes and walked to the bathroom. As you showered, you thought about how you and Ruby had become friends over the month you two had hunted together.

After you got out of the shower, you realized you had forgotten your clothes. Walking out of the bathroom, you grabbed your clothes. Ruby whisted. "Seriously, Rubes. I didn't think you were gay." She rolled her eyes at you. "Maybe I am," she teased. You laughed and walked back into the bathroom to get changed. You walked out, this time fully clothed, and saw Ruby already laying on one side of the bed. Moving over to the other side of the bed, you thought you heard the familiar purr of an engine you had tried so hard to forget. Pushing the thought back in your mind, you crawled into the other side of the bed and Steel crawled up on you. Sleep didn't come easily to you that night. Thought of the happy times with you in Sam's arms flooding your thought. Eventually you were too tired to think straight and the darkness claimed you.

The next morning you woke up snuggled into a familiar body. Then realizing exactly who's body it was you shot straight out bed. Looking back at Ruby with a smirk plastered on her face. "And you said I was gay," she chuckled. "Well I just woke up, you sat like that for who knows how long," you countered. She laughed. "Fair point, Y/n/n (Your nickname)." "Ok, enough joking around. We need to leave and visit the vic's family. Get your FBI gear on."

Finally you and Ruby were ready to leave. You opened the door, but almost had a heart attack when your beautiful y/e/c eyes meet with a familiar pair of hazel eyes. You slammed the door and turned to face Ruby. "I just saw him!" you whisper-yelled. "Did he see you?" she questioned, her morning laziness completely evaporating. "Yes, but Ruby-" there was a knock at the door "-hide your meatsuit and possess me. Please, I can't talk to him. Just acted like me," you begged. "Ok." She moved under the bed so her 'body' couldn't be seen. Black smoke filled the room and you tore off your anti-possession necklace. The smoke consumed you, as the door was kicked down.