~1~

Ally woke with the sound of her phone alarm. The newly dyed blonde squinted her eyes as she turned the now irritating tone of her alarm off. Lying back down, she looked over at the empty space beside her and let out a sigh.

She hated waking up alone. It was never a good start to her morning when she awoke like this. She had no messages on her phone which made her feel a little sad. She couldn't help but smile at her screen background of her, Katie and Megan sticking out their tongues. Her daughter was a mini version of her. The same dirty blonde hair she had as a child and the same temperament of her, she was mischievously when around Ally and she knew exactly what faces to pull to try and get what she wanted.

Ally decided enough was enough. It was Monday morning and she needed to get her arse moving. She took a glance in at Megan who was still sleeping peacefully in her pink princess theme decorated room.

The blonde jumped in for a quick shower to help wake her up a bit more. She knew she needed to get moving this morning, luckily Shel had agreed to pick Megan up and bring her over to her and Rach's flat for a play date with little Josh for the day.

Although Josh was younger than Megan, Megan still enjoy being around him and her two Aunties. Shel was managing to sell beauty products from home and her business seemed to have been taken off in the past year whilst Rach was still working in sales for an insurance company. The friends would see each other every week and make a Mommies night out at least once a month where they would end up being drunk in Ruby's.

An hour after her shower and Ally really was late.

"Megan" Ally shouted running around as she pulled her scrub top over her head and looked for her daughter. Her daughter was nearing two and was now a pro at hiding and seek, especially in the morning times.

"Baby please don't hide on Mommy" Ally groaned as she bunched her dyed locks into a tight bun and twisted the bobble around it to keep it up away from her face.

She needed to be on time for work today. She had to make sure she had enough staff on the floor before attending some interviews for some theatre nurses. She loved her job and if she wanted to keep loving her job, she needed to find her daughter in the next couple of minutes.

It didn't happen and then the front door knocked. Ally groaned calling her daughters name once more after checking behind the couch for the third time.

"Morning" Shel beamed holding out a coffee for Ally who just let her in as tackled to get her converse on whilst standing up.

"I've lost my child" Ally mumbled, trying to keep her balance. Shel nodded and looked around the spacious apartment. Besides a couple of toys on the floor, it was immaculate with all of the furniture in its usual place.

"Go do what you need to do and I'll find her" Shel said and Ally blew her a kiss and dashed to the toilet to brush her teeth.

Shel looked suspiciously around the quiet room and then noticed that Megan's bedroom door was open. She walked into the little girls room and could see a tiny foot sticking out at the end of the bed.

"I wonder where the little princess is" Shel said looking around and could hear a little giggle from under the bed.

"The princess isn't here to eat her cake I bought her" Shel said loudly looking down at the small bag in her hand.

"I guess I'll just have to eat it" Shel said and turned around to walk out.

"Nooooooooo" came squealing from the little blonde girl who was now running towards Shel and Shel took Megan in her arms.

"Arghhhhhh I got you" Shel laughed and Megan giggled as she was tickled.

"Mommy not find me" Megan said in broken English and Shel laughed as she carried the little blonde out to the kitchen.