Chapter 22: The Big News

Your P.O.V.
Agent Liberty was captured, you and Kara were planning to move in together, and you were getting close to the Dark Matter clone. All in all, things were going well. It was around 3 months after the big surprise and you were happy with everything, Kara even returned to the DEO. You were packing your stuff when you got a call, it was the DEO. Since you revoked your badge this was a surprising call. You answered with a questionable "Hello?" "Hey (F/N), it's Alex." "Hey Alex, how are you?" you asked politely. "I'm doing good, the DEO is getting back on track. But we have a problem." she said, you asked "What's wrong?" "Kara hasn't shown up yet, and Lockwood has offered a moment of our time. Normally we'd send Supergirl in but we need someone who can intimidate him." she said.

"I almost thought you'd go in." you said, Alex laughed and said "I wish I could, but I have to meet with the president. Brainy's been left in charge and someone needs to be here." "Well, as long as you're not meeting with President Douche I'll be happy to help." you said. "Great, thank you. I owe you one." "Nonsense. You kept Dexter company while I was being held by that green skinned prick, this makes us even." you said with a spry voice. She hung up and said "Guess packing will have to wait." You headed out to the DEO and there were many things jumbling in your head. You thought about why Kara didn't show up there, why Lockwood would even think of talking, and where the Dark Matter clone was. You decided to clear one of the mysteries, you grabbed your phone whilst you were walking and dialed Kara. The phone dialed but she didn't pick up, confusing even you. She's got superspeed, but then again she could be helping someone. You didn't dwell on it, for now you had to talk with Lockwood. You arrived at the DEO but there was someone watching you, you didn't know who, but you got the rising feeling that someone was right beside you.

Darkness' P.O.V.
I stayed invisible as (F/N) walked into the building. I saw agents swarming the entire floor as both I and (F/N) saw Agent Swine strolling in with cuffs on his wrists. I was tempted to end it now, but I do love a show. I strayed near (F/N) as Lockwood was directed to the interrogation room. I saw what looked like Brainiac, but blue instead of green, greet (F/N) and say "Lockwood is just in there." "I know Brainy, how's it feel being director for a day?" (F/N) asked, "Odd, but is a worthy challenge." Brainy responded. "Don't think of it as a challenge, think of it as an opportunity." (F/N) said as Brainy headed to help some agents. I was more focused on Lockwood, I was about to head in until I saw a keypad. (F/N), as if on que, typed in his code and headed in, I also entered even though I was getting dangerously close to being caught.

Your P.O.V.
You sat down in front of Agent Liberty himself. It took you two days to track him and it seemed too easy. But alas it didn't matter, he was here and in custody. He said "You seem... familiar. Have we met?" "No we have not Lockwood. Nor did I ever want to meet you." you said to him in a sour tone. "I almost thought the director would be here, or Supergirl." He said with a mocked hurt tone. "They're both out there cleaning up the mess you made. And just so you know I'm not alien, but I still hate you." you said with a serious tone "So a human hates another human. Here I thought we were past that." "Warmongers have bloodshed on the brain. They always spilt blood whether it be based on the color of their skin or what God they believed in. I'm pretty sure you just wanted to add something else to the list." you said in a low tone. Lockwood looked down and then said threateningly "Aliens are roaches. They will outlive us and replace us." "What gave you the right to play God? What have you the right to take a life." "Aliens aren't alive!" "And neither was I when half my heart was taken." you finished.

He looked at you and was confused. You replied coldly "I was a guinea pig. Picked up off the street by Lillian Luthor and experimented on. She ployed me in order to take alien lives, but the experiment itself fought back. It became alive. (He/She) became my friend, we were allies on and off the field. Until (he/she) sacrificed himself to save people who where actually worth a damn." Lockwood was in shock as you finished "It's almost a shame that you aren't worth it." "Your friend was Dark Matter wasn't (he/she)?" "You. Are not. Fit. To say. (HIS/HER) NAME!" You said menacingly. He recoiled in shock as you said "You wish for plea due to a change in behavior, it seems the change was nothing more than a ploy." and you walked out.

Darkness' P.O.V.
With (F/N) having softened up the swine and walking out, it almost fit too well. I locked the door and had overridden the cameras. Lockwood looked around and I uncloaked myself. He looked at me in terror as I said "Miss me?" he tried to move but he was cuffed. He said "What do you want from me?" "To release the hate inside. To forgive them and move on." "Never." "I can change that in a few easy moves. This chess game will be over soon." I said. I grabbed his throat and absorbed into him. I tapped in his head and started filling his head with my thoughts. I sang "The walls of freedom, come crumbling down. The moment you put those chains around you now. Like liquid poison, it takes its toll. Black feathered arrows, that pierce your soul. The hate inside, will eat you alive. The hate inside, will eat you alive. The hate inside, will eat you alive, you better not, better not, try to keep it. You better not, you better not, try to keep the hate inside." More thoughts filled his head as he almost fought it. That inhibition soon died down as I continued singing "This fury's burning, inside your chest. That steals the air out, from your breath. The hate inside, will eat you alive. The hate inside, will eat you alive. The hate inside, will eat you alive, you better not, better not, try to keep it. You better not, you better not, try to keep the hate inside." You continued chanting "The hate inside." as Lockwood slowly let go of the hate. It subsided when I sang the last line "The hate inside, will eat you alive."

(F/N) arrived back in just as I exited Lockwood's body. (He/She) looked at me and just stood there, speechless. I said "I know what you're thinking 'Who are you?'. The truth: I don't know. But I'm not Dark Matter. I only remember a grey (man/woman) with a scythe and Dark Matter. I know you were (his/her) friend but I cannot merge with you. I am my own person. Be seeing you soon (F/N)." and I phased out of the room.

Timeskip
Your P.O.V.
Lockwood has gotten a shorter sentence thanks to an 'unnatural change in behavior'. Alex was impressed with Brainy and the President was back as being the President. You even solved the Dark Matter clone mystery. All in all the last thing you needed to know is why Kara wasn't answering. You arrived at your house to finish packing and when you entered, Kara was there. She had a big grin on her face. You asked "Kara, where exactly were you?" "I was getting the results." she said. "Results?" you asked. You looked down and you saw a small bump where her stomach is. Your eyes widened and Kara said "Surprise." you then fainted on the spot.

A/N: Well this marks the end of your chapter in the DEO, speaking of chapters there's 3 left. You now live a normal life. You now have a kid on the way, congrats. Anyway I hope you enjoyed and make sure to vote for the next book in my conversations. Have a great day/night. :)