Power Together

Written by Noella
Peggy's POV:

Another day and another practice session. I stayed in my room, sulking. I watched from the inside of my room.

Angelica started a garden with her hands. Alex spewed water on the lawn. Eliza healed and injured bunny with her her hands. Thomas made Alex and Eliza get closer to each other. Maria was changing their hair styles with her hands in a circular motion.

Everyone was laughing and having fun. I stayed in my room. I felt dangerous. I noticed John's power wasn't as strong as the rest of ours. He was innocence and purity, he only knew how to forgive, forget, never lie, and pretty much just love. While all I did was throw fire at people and cause trouble.

I clenched my fist tightly, the slowly opened it. A little flame floated above me hand. I turned off my lights and closed the shades, making the room dark. A single flame lit the room.

I slowly moved the flame around. I blew it, allowing it to float in any direction I wanted it. I made it bigger, not too big, and finally had my ability to control it.

I smiled, and more fire appeared. I kept the flames in a pattern. And then I let them move on their own. I stoped it by closing my fist again. I finally had control.

I turned my lights back on and opened the shades. I ran downstairs and outside to the garden.

"Guys! I finally did it!" I shouted.

They stared at me, sceptical.

"I trust her. Alex, just in case, stand in front of her. Eliza, stay near us." John said.

I took a deep breath. I clenched my fist tightly, then opened it. I did the exact same thing I did in my room. I made a fire light show for them. They stared in awe.

I ended it by closing my fist again.

"Peggy! That was incredible!" Thomas cried.

I blushed and said, "Thanks."

"Now we have to let our powers work together." Eliza said.

We nodded. We sat in a circle. We knew to always keep our keys on. We closed our eyes and allowed our keys to take over.

We somehow became linked, mentally and emotionally. The psychological power of our keys allowed us to work our powers together.

When we opened our eyes, the keys were glowing and all pointed themselves towards the center. Eliza nodded, giving us the signal. We were nervous, we've never done this before.

I allowed a flame to appear. Thomas formed a red string around Alex and Eliza. He did the same to me and John. Thomas did this to himself and Angelica as well. Maria stayed alone, as Thomas knew how she felt about relationships.

John allowed a flower crown to form on each of our heads, getting help from Angelica. She formed the flowers, and Eliza's power moved them to John. Eliza healed our broken hearts, John cleared our scared minds. Maria changed our hair and cleared our faces of make up. She put us back to our natural beauty.

We kept this going for a while. I noticed all of our parents staring at us. My mother nodded. My mind cleared of hateful thoughts. The hurt feeling in my heart was replaced by warmth, assuming I allowed that to pass through myself.

Finally, Alex passed water to my fire. They crossed through each other. It turned into a puff of smoke, ending the cycle.

We all smiled at each other.

"Wow!" Our parents shouted. They were clapping in amazement.

"That was sensational!" John's mother exclaimed.

They hugged us tightly.

"We're proud of all of you." Thomas's dad said.

"I can't believe we did it!" Angelica said.

"The more we practice, the better. Right now, we should get some sleep." Alex suggeseted.

We headed to our rooms.

I lay in bed, but I couldn't sleep. Something about our house bothered me.

For starters, it's technically a mansion. As a little girl, I used to get lost roaming the halls of this place. We all live together, our bedrooms all on the same floor in the same hallways. I knew our families were close, but why did we live together?

Maybe it had to do with the keys. Maybe we are forced into this living arrangement. I mean, we already share the exact same birthday. So I guess it made sense, all of us living together in this humongous mansion.

And we weren't rich. Our families all split their share of the mortgage every month. The cost of our own split mortgage is basically us just paying rent. Not only that, but we take turns paying different bills every months, such as cable and water. Although, I think Alex has been messing with our water supply...

Anyway, I couldn't stop thinking about the living arrangement. It made sense, but it was still kinda odd.

But my thoughts were interpreted by a knock on my door.

"Peggy?" A soft voice asked.

"Come in." I answered.

John opened my door.

"I... I can't sleep." He said. He looked like he had just been shocked awake by a horrid dream.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I had a really bad nightmare." He replied.

He looked petrified, his eyes shocked in fear.

"What'd you dream?" I asked.

"Um... That I lost you... And Eliza couldn't save you..." He mumbled in response.

"Oh, John. Come on, you can sleep on the bed. I'll sleep on my chair." I said, getting up.

"As long as I get to be with you, where it's safe... And comforting." He said.

I smiled softly at him. I walked over to my chair, it was soft, so I didn't mind sleeping there. As long as John was happy.

He layed on the bed. He was falling asleep.

Thomas knocked on my door and said, "I. Ship. It."

I threw a pillow at him and he ran back to his room.

John giggled, and gently fell asleep.

I smiled, then drifted off into my own dream state.