Chapter 24: A Normal Day

Your P.O.V.
It was quite a while after Jeremiah was born, granted he was still very young. Kara's apartment got a small makeover by having a room all to Jeremiah right next to you and Kara's room. Life was going great. A great home, a beautiful wife, an adorable little boy, life was amazing. It was 8 in the morning, Kara was already off to CatCo, her normal job, and you stayed home to take care of Jeremiah. Life was simple, as it should be. Darkness was out there attempting to stop what seemed to be a Supergirl clone in Russia so Kara could focus her intents on National City. The DEO was back to the way it was before the General and that idiot of a president screwed things up. You even heard that Brainy and Nia were dating. One thing you wanted to do, when J'onn would come to babysit of course, was visit Lena Luthor. You and she bumped into each other from time to time in high school and you wanted to see what she was up to now that the hectic part of life was done.

Jeremiah was crying after you thought of your plans and you went to him to see what was the matter. His diaper was clean so it was obvious he was hungry. You rushed into the kitchen and grabbed a baby bottle from the fridge and held Jeremiah up so he could properly drink the milk. After he was done drinking you slung him over your shoulder gently and starting patting his back until he burped. "You better little guy?" you said as Jeremiah started cooing. He started falling asleep when you gently put him down in his crib. After a while Jeremiah was fast asleep in his room and he had a few stuffies to keep him company. You noticed that Jeremiah would sleep a lot and you didn't exactly know why. It worried you. Maybe he's just very tired, plus he only has gotten up and cried at least twice, maybe three times, a week. There was a knock on the door that, thankfully, didn't wake Jeremiah. You figured it was J'onn and you went to the door to let him in. He said, quietly "Remember, 3 hours. No more no less. I have a case about a missing husband to work on." "While I'm out I'll dig up some more leads." you replied in a quiet voice. J'onn was about to check on Jeremiah when you said, still quietly, "J'onn, can you do me a favor?" "Yeah, sure." "Jeremiah has been sleeping a bit to much, even for a baby. Do you think you can see if something's up? Like a telepathic checkup?" "I've never done that sort of thing before but I'll see what I can do." "Thanks a million, I owe you." you said as you quietly got out the door.

Timeskip
L-Corp, it was a big building. Bruce's was bigger though. The streets were much more tranquil now that Agent Liberty and his fascists were gone, and it was nice. You headed into L-Corp and saw a lady sitting at a desk. She asked "Can I help you (sir/ma'am)?" "Yes I'd like to see Lena Luthor. Tell her that her music partner is here to see her." You could tell that the lady was confused but went with it. You say down in the nearest chair and pulled out your phone and started researching on the missing husband. It wasn't long till you got a lead and texted it to J'onn. You put your phone away and saw Lena Luthor, she was shocked to see you. She said, in a surprised tone, "(F/N)? Is that you?" "Yep." "After all these years you still like the color black, I think Batman might start to get jealous." "Cute. How are you Lena?" you both started to walk and talk up to her office "I'm doing fine (F/N), L-Corp has moved away from my brother and I'm currently dating." "Who's the lucky guy?" "James Olsen." "You're kidding. She's my wife's boss." "Your wife works at CatCo?" You were now in her office as you said "Yes she does." "Who's the lucky lady." "Kara Danvers." "You're kidding. She's my best friend." "Wow, I guess everything comes full circle doesn't it." Lena laughed and said "Yep, it does. So how is Kara?" "She's doing great, and so is Jeremiah." "Her father?" "Our son."

Lena's eyes were wide and her jaw was gaped, she said "She has a kid? You have a kid? Oh my God, that's why I haven't seen her lately. She's been with the baby." "Well, she's been worked up with, well, work. I've been with Jeremiah for quite some time now." "So in this relationship you're the stay at home (husband/wife) while Kara is the overworked wife?" "It's worked out so far." After a small pause you asked "So what exactly have you doing here at L-Corp recently?" "I've been working on a project that simulates powers like Dark Matter." You haven't heard that name in so long, it almost felt foreign but native at the same time. Lena saw the look on your face and said "Are you alright (F/N)?" You decided to tell her "I was Dark Matter."

Lena had another shocked look, you further explained "Your mother captured me and experimented on me. She created Dark Matter and fused (him/her) with me. Our relationship was symbiotic. She kidnapped many people before me to make her project work. We worked as one. I advise against using test subjects for a perfected Dark Matter clone, let the substance chose it's match." Lena was still shocked at all this. She let out a small sigh and said "That's a lot to take in. I will follow the advise but I must know, what was it like with that power Dark Matter gave you?" "It was, at first, foreign. It felt alien but it wasn't. When we became partners it was more like a hymn. A song playing out when we worked together. That was what it felt like." "That sounds, amazing." "It was, (he/she) was also my friend." You looked at the time and realized you had to get back to Jeremiah. You said "Crap, I gotta get back home. Raincheck on the project?" "Deal." Lena said as you started to head out.

Timeskip
You arrived home to see J'onn playing with Jeremiah, telepathically. Jeremiah was having fun being lifted up, almost flying, J'onn made sure he didn't go too high. He saw you and said "(F/N). Don't worry about Jeremiah and his sleep problem. He's just getting used to everything." You sighed in relief and saw that some of your CD's were out. J'onn said "Jeremiah actually spoke his first word when he grabbed one of those CDs." You were surprised, he learned his first word, Kara would definitely flip out. You asked "What did he say?" J'onn replied "Stars." It was almost symbolic, you knew what he wanted to listen to. You put in the CD and skipped to the Shack version of Skillet's Stars. As the song played Jeremiah was both cooing and slowly falling asleep.

J'onn quickly and quietly put Jeremiah to bed, and as he did so you realized that there was a dinner you and Kara were planning. J'onn was most likely coming but you wanted to make sure, but before you asked he said "Yes I'm coming to the dinner on Friday." "Kinda figured you'd read my mind." J'onn chuckled lightly to not wake Jeremiah. As the song started to finish in the background you heard a knock on the door, J'onn said "I'm pretty sure that's Kara." "Yep, most likely. See you at work tomorrow J'onn." you said as J'onn phased out of the room.

You went to the door and opened it, it was Kara. You both embraced in a hug and a long kiss. Kara said "How was your day (F/N)?" "Much better with you around." Kara giggled and plopped on the couch. You walked over and said "Long day at work?" "Yeah, had to write some pretty interesting articles." "Like?" "Well, one was about a guy with a magic hat. One was on our 'pal' Darkness. And it took a lot out of me. But how was Jeremiah?" "Well, he spoke his first word when he knocked over the CDs." Kara's face was now longing to know, she asked "What did he say?" "Stars." Kara clasped her hands against her mouth and you sat next to her. She said "I don't want to say he's growing up too fast. It'd be so cliché." she made a small giggle and she started to snuggle with you. She said "What did I do to deserve you?" "You were you. That's all you need to be with someone you love." She rode her hands up your chest and kissed you. After some time she broke from the kiss and said "I love you (F/N)." "I love you too Kara." She started to fall asleep and you let her, she's had a long day.

A/N: Screw it! Posting it now. I've had a fuckin hectic time in my life. My shifts at work were bumped to earlier in the morning, I've been stressed to shit, AND to top it all off I have to move because my upstairs neighbors mother lost her money and has to move in. So I got 3 fucken months to find a new house with my budget. God, it felt good to let that out. Anyway I gotta get some fucken sleep. Hope you enjoyed the chapter, make sure to vote for the next book in my conversations (NOT here) and have a great day/night. :)