11. Family

First of all..
Sorry for the very late update..🤕

Srinivas is in Vaishnav's house now. It's been four days since his arrival. After convincing Abhi and requesting Srinivas, finally Anand succeeded in getting their acceptance.

Srinivas, Vaishnav, Padma, Anand and Anshu are settled on the chairs in backyard having their evening coffee and chitchatting. Vaishnav and Srinivas are discussing about their businesses while Padma is busy with coffee and also her grown up kids fight. Suddenly, Anand screamed when Anshu pinched him in the process of fight. Everyone looked at Anand. Anshu also acted in 'what happened' look.

Padma scolded him, "Behave Anand!"
Anshu smiled with pride. Anand pinched her in no time. Now it's Anshu's turn to scream loud. Anand gave 'tit for tat' look towards Anshu and innocent look to others in a very next second. Padma glared at her kids to keep them quiet. Both Anshu and Anand realised that their mother gonna start the discipline lecture. They got up and simply ran into the house. Vaishnav smiled at them and turned to Srinivas ji who was laughing by seeing their antics.

"This is our daily routine when they both are in home. They fight like tom and jerry always and when their mother takes charge, they will run away. Srinivas ji, just see, they both will come out again with some other excuses in few minutes just to irritate their mother." Vaishnav said, looking his wife when he said the last words.

Srinivas smiled at the couple who were feeling so proud to talk about their children's silly fights.

He spoke after few seconds, "You are so lucky to have such a caring wife and such amazing kids, Vaishnav ji. Especially, a daughter who is kiddish, innocent yet mature. She is well mannered and equally strong to handle things. I wish I had a daughter like her."

Vaishnav and Padma felt very happy to listen about their daughter. He immediately realized that Srinivas is struggling to control his tears from rolling down. Padma also felt bad for Srinivas ji.

Vaishnav remembered Anand's words about Abhi's childhood. He said that, when Abhi is 3 years old, Meenakshi garu was conceived and the couple wished for a girl this time. They got ready in all ways to welcome their princess to this world. But somehow destiny played it's role, she had a miscarriage in her 4th month of pregnancy. It was very painful for them to forget the misery. But seeing Abhi, who was the one and only hope for them, they were slowly back to normal in raising their kid with all love and morals.

Vaishnav patted his shoulder.
"Srinivas ji, I agree with you I have a lovely family. But, I'm not only the one. You are the father of a gentleman who cares for his people and feel responsible to make them happy anyways."

Yes, he is. He may not show it completely to me. But I know, he hides his pain and loves to take care of his people. No matter what, I can surely say that, he will not avoid this father again like he did when Meenakshi left us suddenly.

Srinivas thought to himself and smiled at Vaishnav.

They both noticed that the bro and sis duo was already came out running with shuttle bats and listening their conversation.

"See them Srinivas ji, I said na, they can't control themselves from being everywhere they are not supposed to be." Vaishnav laughed.

"No no, don't blame them. How can we get fun without these naughty kids!! Come here, children." Srinivas called them.

They both ran to him. Srinivas hugged them affectionately and blessed them. They smiled at him and their father, before running towards shuttle court.

Anshu went to kitchen for water and coming back running, while she hit some hard creature in the dim light and fell down. Her knees got hurt. She hissed in pain and failed to get up. The creature is moving, it made her nervous and tried to run. She got up and was about to slip again, when she was protected by two hands stopping her body to hit the floor. She realized that he was a man rather than any scary creature and felt relieved. The man made her stand straight and went to the garden area, before mumbling a sorry to her.

She stood there for a minute thinking about the person who left her in confusion. She heard some noise from the garden and came out slowly. She saw the man stood there facing his back to her. Everyone is coming to him with happy faces, especially her brother jumped and sticked to that man like a bubblegum. Now, she can easily understand who it is. It's Abhi, her brother's best friend.

Anshu wondered to see their ear to ear smiles for his arrival. They all went in crossing, almost ignoring her. Everyone took him to the dining table and asked about his journey. Padma started serving him food. Anshu can see the anxiety and affection towards him in all their faces.

She thought to herself.

Why? What's there in this man to make everyone happy for his presence? Why did his smile attracts everyone like a magnet?

Pranulove💖