just a smol storee for nu reason :3

**the characters will be listed as numbers 1-5 b/c peeps miiiiight steal my shite.

so there

part 1 of 5

1- main person, male heir, 15 yrs

2- older sis of 1, 23 yrs, female heir

3- mum, a queen

4- dad, a king

5- a magical being, age not defined

__________________________________

1 sat on a bench across the quart yard where 2 was practicing fencing lessons. 3 was beside him, but was memorized my 2's skill. 1 was always jealous of 2 because she was the eldest and had the most talent out of the family, it seemed. She could fence/ fight with a sword, paint, had amazing athletic ability, and was overall put before 1. He hated that. He hated being put second and wished for more appreciation from his parents and from everyone else. All his life as a heir, people would always ask 'Aren't you 2's brother?', 'Can you do what she could do?', 'She's amazing! Could I talk to her?' and other remarks and sayings to get him to redirect the way to his older sister. His skinny tail swayed and twitched with anger.

3 looked at 1 when his tail accidentally brushed against her arm. "1? Are you alright?"

He sighed sharply. "I've gone too long being the underdog."

"What dear?"

1's voice got louder, "I'm tired of being put second!" He got up and marched to his room. 3 was calling for him to come back, but 1 ignored her. He made his way down the halls of their huge estate and fell on his back on his own twin-sized bed. He combed back his curly hair with a hand and pulled up the hood of his violet hoodie-jacket.

__________flooshback___________

"Here 1" 4 said to me. He gave me the hoodie that was way-too-big. I exidedly slipped it on. The sleeves were really long and my hands met where a regular person's elbow would be and the bottom of it dropped over my feet. 4 smiled widely to me. "It might be too long for right now, 1."

"I don't care! I'll wear it always! It's so soft!" 4 chucked and rubbed my head.

I'd always wanted something different. Being a royal heir usually meant wearing fancy-schmancy clothes all the time no matter what. But I kept asking for something different. I saw this one tailor sewing what he said was a 'hoodie' when I was around 5 or so and I fell in love with it. That's what I'd asked for for about 6 months when my father got it for me for my 6th birthday. Even today, it's about a size too big.

___________present___________

1's tail twitched beside him. He looked around his room and his dresser admiring his knickknacks and shenanigans that decorated them. A servant knocked on his door and opened. "Master 1, today's laundry day." 1 sighed, "Fine..." and slipped off his hoodie really slowly, not wanting to give up its warmth. He pulled off the shirt he was wearing underneath and handed them both to the servant. "Master, your pants, too, need to be washed as well." 1 groaned and went around the corner and came out a moment later with a white robe on and handed his pants to the servant. The servant gathered his other laundry from his basket in the corner and parted ways.

1 resumed admiring his knickknacks and studied them. Various porcelain figures crafted and gifted to him my his mother, as well as more 'his type' of things from his father like pendants and a sword he'd gotten his past birthday. A long sword with a patterned hilt and encrusted with rare gems. He'd been in training to use a sword like 2, but not as often as her. That's another thing he particularly didn't like about his sisters popularity. Even the tutors didn't have much time for him.

But then random other thoughts ran across his mind. How do I stop this?, What do I do? and What all would I need? 1 looked around his room the the miscellaneous objects (some of it) and thought about them until his eye strayed to a bag he'd previously used to carry garden supplies and produce to the kitchen occasionally because he had a small garden to himself. He got up and looked in it, which was always clean, thanks to his personal servant. To his calculations, it wouldn't hold much but clothes if it were to be crammed full, so he rummaged his closet. He found a bigger version and had two pockets in addition to the main one.

Why am I thinking about this? I wouldn't survive a day by myself?

Why would I want to run away in the first place?

I have an entire place to myself! A huge castle just for our family and me! Plus the servants but their like family too. But...2... Would it be too much to ask but to get some attention around here? Just about me and no one else?

...I could do that myself. B-but Dad... That's one person who I wouldn't want to leave... He gets me. He trained me. He showed me things Mom and 2 didn't...I think he'd understand me.

1 pushed open the doors from his room and made his way up and down the halls (in a robe, no less) to the dining room to meet his father in the kitchen, who was suggesting meals for lunch soon. He departed when I made my way over. "Dad?"

"Yes, my boy?"

"C-can I speak with you a moment..?"

He looked at me warily but agrees and pulls a chair out for him and me at our large dinner table. "What's been going on, son?"

"I-I've been thinking recently..." I swallow, "I'm getting really tired of being put second after 2." I feel my tail hitting the back of the chair a bunch, "I'm really, really tired of it."

"I know son, I hate it too. But 2 is soooo close to finishing her training! It'll only be less than a month until she's finished. Right after that, you'll have one-on-one training with me or a tutor or even your mother!-"

"-And that's why I'm planting my stake!" I cut him off, voice raising. In our family, 'planting a stake' is a sign of parting on a long journey or running away. In my grandfathers' case, he planted his stake in the royal garden with his name in silver in a mark of when he was going to pass on. His brother, my great uncle, planted his stake when he took his horse and went to find a girl, married his wife, then returned after 10 months. Dad used his stake to fight another kingdom secretly as a spy.

"1 plant your stake? What are you going to to?"

I stood up from my chair. "I'm running away. I'm tired of being treated like a servant who doesn't get paid." 1 marched to his room.

"1!" 4 yelled, but 1 ignored him. He started to pack up smaller things for the road until he could get his clothes back. 1 packed a pocket knife, a mini sewing kit, he put his sword in its case and layed it on his bedspread, a block of flint, a deodorant stick (because ew if he didn't -_-) and a childhood toy he'd never given up; a toy bunny. He'd had it sense he was little.

He rummaged around again and found a wooden box with his stake in it. An iron stake with his full name carved on the side. 2 had one of the same kind, but with her name. 1 placed it on his bed alongside his sword.

*short time skip*

Everyone had been called for lunch and 1 was the last one to sit and eat. The chefs had made baked potato soup and 1 guzzled it down, as well as another half a bowl. He thanked the chefs, handed his bowl in, and returned to his room where his clean clothes lay in neat piles on his bed. He threw off his robe and put back in his shirt, pants and hoodie, which were still warm from the wash. (Gotta love that feeling my dude -0-)

He started assorting combinations of clothes into bundles to but in the main part of the bag to conserve as much space as possible; top, bottom, underwear. Top, bottom, underwear, etc. 1 then grabbed a new towel from his bathroom and stuffed in in the bag, as well as a new bar of soap, and emptied out a weaved basket that held smaller stuff from his bathroom and packed it.

All that was left was to wait out the day, stow some food away, and plant my stake at night and get outta here while everyone's asleep.

Part 1 of 5