11 February 2013

Happy New Year Bob! 

To be more specific, Happy Chinese New Year!

Penny was reading a Chinese zodiac book because she's all about 'expanding her knowledge' these days and discovered this year is  Year of the Snake! We then had to quickly organise a little party in honour of Annipe and Alfie. Looking at their creation dates, Alfie is a Rabbit and Annipe a Dragon. Really, that says a lot - I mean Alfie is my cuddly little Bunny, and Anni is like this fierce dragon 24/7. I thought her attitude might mellow a bit as she got older, but I think it's only getting worse. Thankfully Alfie can keep her in check and while I do love her spirit, I wish she was a little less, spirited, around me. Arguing with a giant snake over what radio station we listen to is not something I ever saw myself doing.  If she could talk back properly, I'm pretty sure I would be dealing with a fifteen-year-old me. 

Anyway, I also checked out my animal and I was born in the Year of the Tiger. Apparently we Tigers are brave, competitive, unpredictable, and self-confident.  Doesn't sound like me at all, does it? Get this, the number one and three are my lucky numbers, especially when together. Well, what year is it Bob? 2013. So that means after two years of well, disaster, I get a free pass now right? It's all good fortune, good times, good health - I don't think that going a year without a near death or actual death experience is too much to ask for.

With things finally settling for Logan and I (he finally decided that he will just be Logan, not Apollo as now he's in 'true form' he doesn't want the name to go with the face in case anyone from his old days decides to pop up. I honestly don't either.) I'm glad we're not embarking on a completely new relationship as love for us Tigers in the year of the Snake isn't good. Considering the past, I really don't think there could be anything else we have to overcome now so whatever zodiac predictor book writer person. I'm not going to be making a lot of money either, attending funerals could be bad for my health and I also need to maintain good relationships with my coworkers as tiny disputes could turn into big ones. I'm also advised not to agitate any bosses/management. Let's think about that for a second. 

.

.

.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm still holding onto the hope that year of the snake and being 2013 will make it a good, no a great year for me. It's hard to 'move onwards and upwards' as Dad keeps saying. I want to be like my parents, like V and Ailin and well, everyone else that can just put it all behind them. They believe the worst of it all is over, even Logan says so. With Cain gone, everything is how it should be. There aren't any more crazy werewolf alphas with big ideas or idiot vampires wanting to take over the world. Even if there was, I'm not who I used to be anymore and I honestly think that's what is bothering me the most. Portia came a couple of days ago to wish me a belated happy birthday and said that everyone is right, that this will all pass for me. I'm going to learn how to use and accept these powers, the Treaty will be stronger than ever and hearing her say that did put me at ease. 

It's stupid that I miss her. Travelling to see Cain's coronation in secret together had been so good and I love how there are no pretences between us anymore - or secrets, to a point. No longer the Treaty keeper, but in so many ways, still the headmistress I had always looked to like a grandparent. I wonder when she'll visit next. Must be hard being one of the three fates.  

What's even more stupid is, I miss Cain too. I keep imagining him all alone, sad and brooding in his room that we went to before I left after, well, all of that - just staring out into the nothingness of the ocean. I wonder if he misses me, my world, any of it or if he really did get everything he wanted. He's probably too busy fixing his new kingdom and being a King to think about it. 

You know, maybe I'm now dealing with the after-effects of Stockholm Syndrome or something? They may not have kept me captive as such, but they had used and manipulated me for years! Yet I still think of them as my friends, miss them, care about them... I wish I knew what the look on Portia's face had been when Cain was sworn in. I've talked about it before Bob, and even now it still haunts me. She acts like I saw nothing, tells me that everything is fine, but I know those oracle eyes saw something. The sadness, fear and pain that managed to break through her usual composure were not anything I could imagine

Anyway, this godmother needs to go put on her fairy costume because I refuse to keep thinking about all of that up there and now we've finished clean up from our CNY party, there's someone very special waiting to meet me... which I may or may not have been doing my hardest to ignore because why anyone would trust me to be a godmother to their kid when I can't even keep two snakes in order is beyond me!

Elise Bunting
(greatest fairy godmother ever?)