Chapter 3: Hug

A/N im sorry that this is really bad but ive never written before, i hope u enjoy anyway im just trying my best. im now writing in third person so that i can write about connors emotions as well

Nov 7 2038; AM 08:04:36

Chloe should've been up at 6 am, but she had forgotten to charge her phone and set the alarm clock, so she slept longer than she should've. Chloe heard a knocking on the door, that's how she woke up. She slowly opens her eyes but then closes them again, ignoring the knocking. She hears the knocking once again, louder.

Chloe sighs as she gets up, only wearing panties and a over-sized T-shirt covering her private body parts.

Walking over to the door she quickly glances at the clock, realising it's 8 AM. Chloe suddenly realises that the person who is at the door is probably Connor. As she opens the door, she knows that she's correct.

"Good morning, Chloe."

Chloe yawns. "Sorry, I'm tired-"

"It's 8 AM. You should've been at the station over an hour ago. Did something happen?" Connor interrups.

"No, nothing happened I just forgot to set the alarm. I'll go get ready, you can wait inside if you wish." She holds open the door as Connor walks in, thanking her.

...

"Is this appropriate for work you think?" Chloe asks Connor as he stares at her with wide eyes, his lips slightly parted.

Chloe's wearing a simple white plain t-shirt, light jean shorts and a pair of orange leather boots. Her socks are sticking out slightly.

"It's very cold but we won't be doing any investigations today, so wearing that should be okay." He informs.

"Oh, only paperwork? Jeez this is gonna be a boring day." She sighs as she grabs a jacket.

"I do not know for sure, but maybe we'll get an emergency call today." Connor tells as he slowly gets up. "Also, you look good today." He smiles.

Connor walks over to the door, holding it open for Chloe.

"Thank you."

...

"Meadow! In my office now." Jeffree orders Chloe as she's chewing gum, doodling elephants in her notebook.

She yawns and makes her way to Jeffree's office. Connor follows behind. Chloe opens the door and Connor closes it, he stands behind as Chloe get into the seat opposite to Jeffree.

"What now? Is it because of my elephants again?"

"No, two things. First you're late. Don't make the same mistake again. Second of all, I've got ten news cases involving androids everyday. We've always had isolated incidents, old ladies losing their android maids and that kind of crap... But now, we're getting reports of assaults and even homicides, like that guy last night. This isn't just Cyberlife's problem anymore." He informs. "It's now a criminal investigation and we've gotta deal with it before the shit hits the fan."

"And..?" Chloe asks.

"I want you to investigate these cases and see if there's any link."

He replies.

"Me? Alone? What?"

"No, this android that Cyberlife sent will be helping you. It's a state of the art prototype, it'll act as your partner."

Chloe glances over at Connor. She sees that he's listening to every word.

"Can I ask you a question about him, Fowler?" Chloe suddenly whispers.