Chapter 19: Finding Jericho

*ring*

*ring*

*ring*

"Hello?"

"Hey, wanna go out?"

"Gavin, it's 3AM..."

"Who cares? You have this week off-"

"Bye. Don't call me if it has nothing to do with work!"

Chloe audibly sighed as she rushed back to bed and got underneath the blankets next to Connor. He put his arm back around her before he broke the silence.

"I was wondering... Are we a couple?" His LED whirred yellow.

"Of course." Chloe whispered as she nearly fell asleep. She managed to get out some words before she completely fell asleep. "I love you..."

"I love you too."

...

"Good morning." Connor softly kissed her forehead as she slowly woke up. "I've prepared breakfast for you, and I'm leaving for Jericho now."

"Good morning... Wait for me, I just need five minutes to get ready." Chloe rubbed her eyes.

"No. You're staying here." Connor ordered. "I can't put you into danger."

"Connor! I know, I'm off the case. But I'm coming with you. I'm not gonna sit around here and wait until you come back, I don't even know if you will!" Chloe argued. "I'm coming with you, let's go."

She got up and quickly got dressed as Connor tried to convince her not to go. "Chloe, it's safer for you here. I promise I will be back."

"No! I'm old enough to decide for myself." Chloe rushed downstairs to the front door. "Let's go."

Connor shook his head as he let out a sigh. He grabbed her arm as he stared into her eyes. "I'm not letting you come with me."

"If it's too dangerous, I can go back, but please, just let me go with you..." She begged as she showed puppy eyes.

Connor sighed as he loosened his grip. "...Okay... Let's go, then."

...

7:51AM Ferndale Station

"Okay, we're here. What are we supposed to do now?" Chloe asked as they stepped out of the train.

"We need to follow these graffitis, there are symbols hidden which I have to analyze to be able to get the next graffiti..." Connor replied as he showed his hand before He looked up at a graffiti piece. "Here's the first one."

...

"The next one is on the other side of the fence... Probably behind those wooden planks." Chloe whispered as she pointed at it.

Connor nodded as he lifted up the bottom of the fence so that Chloe could crawl to the other side.

"Thank you." She mumbled as Connor crawled after her. Chloe hurried to the planks and Connor behind, they both pushed it to the side before Connor analyzed it, the last symbol in that graffiti.

"The next graffiti looks like this..." He showed Chloe. She looked around before she spotted something similar to the picture.

"Over there!" She pointed. Connor nodded as they walked over there, but he could only analyze one symbol.

"We have to find a way to get up... The other symbols are there." Connor quietly explained.

Chloe looked around before her eyes stayed at a container. "The container, we'll be able to climb up."

Connor nodded as they dragged the container next to the roof. Chloe climbed up the container first and then Connor. He got on top of the roof and then helped Chloe get up.

...

"There it is... Jericho." Chloe whispered as she marveled at the ship. "This is where androids are free..."

"Let's not waste time... Come on, let's get inside."

...

a/n what the fuck do i write now