Chapter 8: Coffee

"One small, normal, thanks."

...

Connor quickly spotted Chloe walking out the the store heading back towards the car, causing him to faintly smile.

"What did you get?" He asked before he started the engine.

"Just normal coffee.." Chloe shivered slightly. "It's cold." She spoke as he turned the heat higher.

"Sorry. I wasn't programmed to care for a human, so I'm sorry if I make mistakes." Connor apologized.

"You apologize too much, Connor. And it's fine, like you don't have to do all of these kind of stuff."

"But I want to. And I'm trying my best."

"Thank you, I really appreciate that... I really appreciate you."

...

"Did you stay here the entire night, just so you could keep an eye on me in case something happened?"

Connor nodded. "Yes."

"That's very sweet of you." Chloe smiled as she leaned in and faintly kissed his cheek. Chloe blushed and you could clearly see that Connors cheeks was a tint of blue. He smiled as his brown eyes sparkled in the sunlight.

"Your eyes are very pretty." Chloe whispered as she gazed into his eyes.

"Yours are too.." Connor whispered back, kissing her cheek lightly before pulling back. "I enjoy this." He grinned. "I enjoy spending time with you, Chloe."

"I enjoy spending time with you too." She admitted as she gently stroked his cheek with her left hand.

"I'm not programmed to say things like this but I really like you..." Chloe smiled wider when she heard those words come out his mouth. "And I was wondering... Are we friends?.." Connor asked innocently, his lips slightly parted as he was waiting for an answer.

Chloe quietly chuckled. "Of course we are... But I was actually thinking that.. we might be best friends... actually. I- I mean if you want to be..."

Connor smirked. He saw Chloe blushing even more at this point. His insides felt warm and happy. He wanted to stay out here forever, the grass was cozy and the sun was warm. Detroit wasn't very cold yet, so there was no snow. And it was very warm for being November.

A cold wind swept by, causing Chloe to shiver. Connor noticed goose bumps appear on her bare arm, he hesitated for a moment but it didn't take long before he put his arm around her and highered his temperature, while rubbing his hand against her soft skin on her arm. Chloe leaned her head against his chest, and with her left arm she grabbed Connors right, squeezing his hand slightly. Connor smiled as he held her hand tight.

They were both silent for a while before Connor decided to break the silence.

"Your temperature is below average... We should head inside."

Chloe nodded, she was a little bit sad because she enjoyed this moment a lot. And so did Connor, but everything needs to end eventually.

They let go of each other and got up, Chloe quickly grabbed Connors hand as they walked inside, holding hands.

...

a/n take a shot everytme u read the word "hand" lmao anyway i have no idea where im heading with this story and tbh i  just started writing this because i was bored and i have nothing else to do in my life so uhhhh yeah, and also thanks for 100 reads im suprised people are actually reading this lol this is so bad im SORRY,,,,, AND I DONT KNOW WHAT RTHE TITLE OF THIS CHAPTER IS GONNA BE SO UHH YEH 100% CRINGE