Chapter 11: Artificial Heart

(TRIGGER WARNING, SMALL MENTION OF S*ICIDE)

...

"Where did you learn those coin tricks..?" Chloe stared in amazement as they stood patiently in the elevator, waiting to reach the top floor in the Stratford building.

"I didn't learn it, but I do coin tricks when I'm bored." Connor said in reply as he proceeded to spin around the coin.

"79th Floor..."

...

"Hi, Chloe." Chris greeted.

"What's going on here..." She sighed, walking out of the elevator.

"It's all over the news, so everybody's butting their nose in..." Chris explained. "Even the FBI wants a piece of the action."

"Ah great, now we got the Feds on our back... I knew this was gonna be a shitty day." Chloe answered. "So what do we got?"

"A group of four androids..." Chris began speaking as Connor walked past them both, analyzing the security cameras in the hallway. "They knew the building, and they were very well organized." Chris continued. "I'm still trying to figure out how they got this far without getting noticed."

Chloe walked behind Chris as they made the way to the announcement room.

"They attacked two guards in the hallway. They probably thought they were androids coming to do maintenence." He continued explaining. "They got takes down before they could react."

Chloe spinned around, observing the area. She has bad memories from here, this was the place she attempted suicide when she found out her dad was never gonna come back.

Chloe zoned out and Connor noticed.

"Is everything okay, Chloe?" He questioned.

"I just... I just have bad memories from here..." She replied.

"Would you like to talk about it?" Connor suggested.

"...No, maybe when we get home." Chloe sighed.

...

"Station employee." Chris pointed at the corpse who was laying in the doorway. "Shot in the back as he was trying to get away." He continued. "One bullet straight through the heart, from fifty feet... Now that's the kind of shooting only an android could do."

"Poor guy..." Chloe mumbled. "How many people were working here?"

"Just two employees and three androids." Chris answered. "The deviants took the humans hostage and broadcasted their message live. They made their getaway from the roof."

"The roof?" Chloe gasped in suprise.

"Yeah, they jumped with parachutes. We're still trying to figure out where they landed but the weather's not helping..." Chris told. "If you want to take a look at the video broadcast by the deviants, it's on that screen over there." He pointed.

Chris and Chloe made their way to the announcement room, where they spotted agent Perkins.

"Oh Chloe, this is Special Agent Perkins from the FBI. Chloe is in charge of investigating for Detroit Police." Chris introduced while Connor walked up to them.

"...What's that?" Perkins asked, looking at Connor.

"My name is Connor, I'm the android sent by Cyberlife." He introduced himself.

Perkins quietly chuckled. "Androids investigating androids huh?... Whatever, the FBI will take over the investigation, you'll soon be off the case-"