Chapter 10: Like you did before

10:21PM

"It's late, Chloe." Connor informed. "You should go to bed. You have work tomorrow and you need to be up early."

Chloe sighed. "Yeah, yeah, I know. But what did you think of the movie? It's scary, isn't it?"

"I do not feel fear, Chloe. But I think it was good, I've never seen a movie before, It's... interesting." Connor gazed into Chloe's eyes. "What did you think?"

"It was okay, just too much blood and really long... Anyway I should go and brush my teeth now and remove my makeup." Chloe slowly got up and walked away from the living room, Connor following behind.

He stood outside the bathroom waiting for her while she did her business. He did anticipate that she would be in there long, so he closed his eyes and met Amanda, who was disappointed with Connors decision of letting Chloe have a day off.

"Connor, what do you think you're doing? Focus on the investigation!" Amanda ordered, her voice louder.

"But-"

"Why did you make Chloe take the day off?" Her voice a bit calmer.

"I... I know that's what's best. If she could get some rest and be more productive the next day, it'll be helpful for the investigaton." Connor  adressed.

"Good point..." She replied.

"That's... That's the only reason I made her take the day off.. Because of the investigation." Connor lied, hoping Amanda would believe him.

"The investigation is all that matters, and if you don't make progress soon, I may have to replace you, Connor."

"...I understand."

"Connor?.." Chloe snapped her fingers in front of him. "Connor!"
Connor opened his eyes, quickly looking down at Chloe who was without makeup, and her hair tied into a bun. "Did you run out of batteries?" She joked.

"I'm sorry, I was making a report to Cyberlife." Connor clarified as Chloe started walking to the bedroom.

She turned on the lights and fluffed the pillows. "Just by closing your eyes like that?" Chloe continued.

"Correct." He replied.

Chloe lit the candles on the bedside table. "Can you turn off the lights, please?" She asked Connor.

"Of course."

"Woah.." Chloe stared at Connor with big eyes.

"What?.. What do you mean?..." Connor inquired.

"The details on your uniform lit up in the dark... I never noticed that. It looks really cool." She marveled.

"I'm... I'm glad you think so, Chloe." Connor admitted as he sat down on the seat at the back of the bedroom."

Chloe yawned as she got underneath the sheets, shifting in position until she fell in a comfortable one.

After a while, Chloe started speaking. "Connor, it's really creepy when you sit like that..." She confessed.

"How... How do you want me to sit?"

Chloe scratched the back of her ear. "Can't you lay in bed with me?.. Like you did before?" She quietly asked.

Connor didn't say anything, he just simply walked over to the other side of the bed, removing his jacket and his shoes. Chloe switched position so she was laying on her back, she tilted her head to Connors side as he got onto the bed, laying on the sheets.

They were both quiet for a moment, both laying on their backs, not making eye contact, just staring into the white roof. Connor decided to break the silence, since Chloe wasn't asleep yet.

"I was gonna mention this earlier, but you look really pretty without makeup..."

Chloe felt herself blush. "No one has said that to me before." She smiled. "Thank you, Connor. You're so sweet..."

...

A/N another short chapter yay whatevr