Chapter 15: My Mission isn't Over

"After what happened today, the country is on the verge of a civil war. The machines are rising up against their masters. Humans have no choice but to destroy them."

"I thought Kamski knew something... I was wrong."

"Maybe he did..." Amanda disagreed. "But you chose not to ask."

"I chose not to play his twisted little game!" Connor argued. "There was no reason to kill that android... Wh... Why did Kamski leave Cyberlife? What happened?"

"It's an old story, Connor. It doesn't pertain to your investigation." Amanda replied.

"Where does Cyberlife stand in all of this? What do they really want?"  Connor questioned.

"All Cyberlife wants is to resolve the situation and keep selling androids."

"...You didn't tell me everything you know about deviants, did you?" Connor provoked.

"I expect you to find answers, Connor. Not ask questions."

Software Instability ^

"You're the only one who can prevent civil war." Amanda continued. "Find the deviants. Or there will be chaos. This is your last chance, Connor..."

...

"You're off the case. The FBI is taking over."

"What?" Chloe inquired as Connor glanced over at her. "But we're onto something... We... We just need more time. I'm sure we can-"

"Chloe." Jeffrey interrupted. "You don't get it. This isn't just another investigation, it's a fucking civil war. It's out of our hands now. We're talking about national security here-"

"Who cares? We're so close, Jeffrey!" Chloe complained.

"You're always so tired anyway. It's best if they take over so you can finally get some rest, Chloe-"

"We're about to solve this case! I know we can!" Chloe interrupted. "Jesus christ, Jeffrey. Can't you help me out this one time?"

"There's nothing I can do. You're back on homicide... And the android returns to Cyberlife." Jeffrey points.

Chloe felt like her heart dropped. "What? Returns? Why?"

"This android was sent to help you out for the investigation. I understand if you got an emotional attachment to it, but it's over. I'm sorry, Chloe."

Chloe started tearing up, but she was able to hold it in. "Why? What? Why can't I keep him?"

"It's over, Chloe. Sorry." Jeffrey sighed as he got up and sat back down at his desk.

Chloe felt a mixture of emotions, sad, angry, confused. She immediantly ran out of the office, Connor quickly running behind.

"Where are you going?" Connor asked when Chloe suddenly stopped.

"I-I I don't know I-I don't know!" Chloe felt tears streaming down her face. "I don't want to lose you." She hugged him tight, Connor doing the same. "You're not just a machine. You're more than that and you're the only one I have. I love you, Connor." She cried. "I don't wanna lose you."

"You're not gonna lose me." Connor comforted. "I'm not returning to Cyberlife. My mission hasn't changed."

Chloe felt somewhat better hearing that. She pulled out of the hug. "What? So you're staying?"

Connor nodded."Yes."

Chloe sighed in relief as she embraced him again.

"And if Cyberlife would remove my mission, I still wouldn't go. Because I want to stay with you, Chloe. Because I love you."

a/n this is getting boring isnt it