Chapter Three

~Luna's POV~

Kyo was the first one to return home looking extremely pissed off and bursting through the front door in a rage. He paused in the front room when he spotted me sitting with Shigure, who had refused to allow me to change back into my normal attire, and stared at me in awe.

"Luna-?"

I glared at Shigure. "Can I please change now?"

"No, I like this look." Shigure smiled.

"PERVERT!" Kyo and I snapped simultaneously.

"What are you wearing?" Yuki pondered as he returned home soon after.

"I'm going to kill you, Shigure." I hissed.

"I can die happy now that I've seen this." Shigure chuckled and I tackled him.

Kyo and Yuki stared at the pair of us in wonder not knowing whether to split us up or let us fight it out. Shigure was stronger than I was even with the help of the wolf and easily over powered me.

"Not in front of the children Luna." Shigure teased me.

Kyo and Yuki rolled their eyes simultaneously, where was Tohru, why wasn't she with them?

Shigure seemed to catch on to my train of thought too, "Where's Tohru?" He pondered as I squirmed my way out from under him.

"She had to work." Yuki said before glaring at Kyo.

"What happened?" I sighed.

"He upset Miss Honda; she thinks he hates her now because of his petty attitude." Yuki said coolly.

"Shut up you stupid rat!" Kyo snarled and clenched his fists.

Shigure winced, when they got like this, it meant his house usually suffered.

"Outside, children." I ordered.

"You know, I liked it better when you weren't talking!" Kyo snapped in his unbridled rage.

"KYO!" Shigure looked livid.

I really never should have started talking again. I got up silently and retreated to my room. There were no mirrors in my room, and the black curtains were down, my room was encased in total darkness, I was in complete isolation, just like I deserved. I was a monster and this was my cage, where I belonged.

~Flashback~ Age 16

I was living in the main house with Akito, I'd been staying here for three years now, he told me it was for the best, he told me I was a monstrosity and I only hindered the rest of the family, it was best if he could keep an eye on me.

"Akito, am I really such a monster?" I pondered one afternoon when he came to visit me in my cell, I mean, room.

"Have you looked in a mirror recently? You're absolutely hideous, honestly your appearance is frightening; why do you think people stare at you, Luna? You have disgusting eyes, they're like a beast's, and your hair, no normal person has hair that color, you're a freak, you deserve to be locked away, before you hurt someone. You transform into a beast, a disgusting blood thirsty monster."

"Mom said people stare at me, because I'm pretty." I said quietly.

He backhanded me across the face and sent me sprawling to the ground, "She's a liar! Everyone is a liar! They all lie to you, feed you these false hope so you don't feel bad, but I'm not a liar, Luna, I'm trying to help you, trying to help you see what you really are." He snapped.