Chapter Seven

~Luna's POV~

Tohru had packed her things and left the night before, and I was honestly surprised that one, it felt so empty in the house without her and two, that no one tried to stop her. Kyo was moping and especially moody, Yuki was being quieter than normal, but was quick to snap, and Shigure was trying to stir up trouble.

I stood in the kitchen finishing up a batch of blueberry muffins when Shigure strolled in, "Tohru, what's for breakfast I'm starving?" He said with a feigned yawn, he knew she was gone; he was doing this on purpose.

Kyo and Yuki turned to glare at him simultaneously.

"Oh. That's right, she's gone." He sighed.

"That's it! You're saying that stuff on purpose!" Kyo snarled.

"Kyo-kyo calm down please." I sighed.

"Shut up! Nobody asked you!" He snapped before closing his mouth abruptly and looking ashamed with himself.

"Leave her out of this." Shigure growled startling us all, Shigure was never serious, and it was unheard of for him to actually get angry.

Yuki looked between Shigure and me curiously.

"Shigure?" I tried tentatively.

"Don't speak to her like that." He warned Kyo before turning and leaving the kitchen.

"What just happened?" Kyo asked in a daze.

"I think Shigure has finally had enough of your antics, stupid cat." Yuki said as if it were obvious.

"Both of you shut up and go to school." I grumbled before shoving three muffins in their direction, "Be sure to give one to Tohru." I bolted after Shigure as the boys reluctantly headed to school. "Hey, what was that about?"

Shigure was in his study typing away furiously at his desk. His dark eyes were furrowed and his tantalizing lips were pulled into a serious frown. It was strange seeing him like this, he was usually so fun loving and carefree, and at times a complete nutcase, but that was just his personality and it was one of the reasons we worked so well together, he balanced me out, in his presence I can feel myself getting closer to being the real me. "You shouldn't put up with that." He said quietly as his fingers danced across the keyboard.

"It's fine." I shrugged.

"It's not fine!" He barked.

I smiled at this, "Shigure, Kyo is hurting too, I understand why he lashes out, and it is fine."

"That doesn't give him the excuse to treat you like that, Luna. We've all suffered, but you don't see me snapping at everyone."

"Different coping strategies." I shrugged once more as I stretched out lazily across the chaise lounge across from his desk.

"How long until they cave and beg her to come home?" Shigure pondered with a smirk.

"I wouldn't be surprised if they were groveling to her now at school." I chuckled. "I am worried about her though, I have this funny feeling that things aren't going well for her at her new home."

"Maybe we should kidnap- I mean rescue her." Shigure chuckled.

"I think you need to be locked away." I teased.