Chapter Eight

~Hatori's POV~

As soon as I parked the car, Shigure and Ayame dragged Luna from the car and toward the park entrance laughing childishly. Luna attempted to protest, but ended up being tossed over Shigure's shoulder like a rag doll.

"Put me down!" She yelped.

"You're holding us back; we have to hurry so we can get a good spot in line." Shigure chided.

"We have to hurry to wait in line?" Luna grumbled skeptically as I paid for our tickets and followed the trio into the park.

"Of course, Luna, that's how these things work." Ayame said dramatically.

"Hatori, make this loon put me down." Luna whined.

"Shigure." I warned.

"You're so mean, Hari." Shigure sighed as he placed Luna on her feet.

I reached out to steady her as she swayed. Her brilliant orange red eyes brightened as she smiled up at me. She smiled so much more freely now, but it still wasn't the same. She'd been so damaged. Shattered. It was a wonder she was healing at all. Shigure believed it was because of the influence of the girl, Tohru. But it was more than that.

Shigure pointed at something across the way and placed his hand in Luna's. I saw it then, a spark of life in her feral eyes, a semblance of the girl she used to be, a piece of her real genuine smile. It was that stupid dog, he was actually healing her.

"Come on, Hari!" Shigure called, snapping me from my mental assessment.

"What?"

"Photo booth!" Ayame squealed as he and Shigure dragged Luna towards the small photo box.

"You idiots, we're not all going to fit in there, it's for teenagers." I rolled my eyes.

Shigure roughly shoved me inside before squeezing in after me. Ayame jumped in afterwards, and miraculously the three of us fit on the small bench. Luna protested as Shigure yanked her inside and placed her across our laps.

"First pose!" Ayame giggled as the screen began the countdown.

"All hands on Luna's chest!" Shigure mused and groped the poor girl.

"YES!" Ayame followed suit.

"Perverts." I sighed.

"NO!" Luna knocked their heads together as the camera took the picture.

"These are going to be entertaining." I chuckled.

"Second pose!" Ayame cried a little less dramatically.

"Shigure doesn't get a vote!" Luna glowered with her arms folded across her chest.

"All hands on Luna's chest!" Ayame laughed.

"YES!" Shigure beamed.

"I'll kill you!" Luna glowered.

Shigure groped her as the camera took the second picture.

Luna screamed and attacked the two of them while I attempted to maintain order. The third picture snapped as Luna caught both Shigure and Ayame by the neck. These were going in my office for comic relief. She shoved the two perverts out of the photo booth and I wrapped her in my arms for a hug and kissed her on the cheek as the camera took the final picture. We each received a copy of the photo strips.

"I can die happy now." Shigure beamed.

"I hope you mean that." Luna growled threateningly, "Because, I'm about to shorten your life, drastically."

"Play nice you two." I sighed.

"He sexually assaulted me in a photo booth." Luna glared.

"We can deal with it in the privacy of our own home, don't cause a scene." I chuckled.

Luckily it was a school day, so the park wasn't especially packed. It was mainly tourists. Shigure and Ayame walked with Luna between them each holding onto one of her hands. People stopped to stare as we made our way to the big metal coasters. Luna seemed to stiffen as the people around us began to whisper furiously. Perhaps this was a bad idea. She wasn't ready for this much attention, it may lead to digression.

"Look at that girl!" Someone whispered to my right, and I cringed.

Luna tensed.

"Lucky!" Someone else cried.

"She's surrounded by gorgeous men."

"Is she a model?"

Luna looked ready to panic.

Shigure stopped walking and pulled her into his arms as her breathing became labored. She was having a panic attack. "You're the most beautiful girl in the world." He breathed and cupped her pallid cheek in his hand before stealing away a sweet passionate kiss.

The crowd around us erupted into girlish squeals.

I watched in awe as Luna appeared to melt in his embrace. All of her tension dissolved into nothingness. Ayame applauded with a laugh as Luna kissed back and the crowd around us began to whoop. Luna suddenly pulled away with a gasp as she realized the amount of attention they were getting. Her pallid cheeks flooded with color and everyone around us began to clap.

The light had returned to her feral orbs and a glimmer of the girl she once was shone through as she dragged us onto the biggest roller coaster in the park. It was absolutely breathtaking watching her shed away the darkness that plagued her wounded heart. Though he was probably unaware, the dog had amazing healing properties.

"Race you to the end of the line." Shigure dared her.

"You're on." She grinned.

"GO!" Ayame cheered.

Luna hurtled over the metal rails of the queue as Shigure attempted to weave through the maze, "No fair!" He called after her with a laugh.

"You must not want to ride it that bad." She teased him as she landed with perfect grace atop the thin metal railing before catapulting herself forward with a perfectly executed front flip. The people in the queue around us began to cheer.

"Ah. Young love." Ayame sighed dramatically.

I turned to him curiously.

"Don't tell me you hadn't noticed Hari." He winked.

Luna reached the finish line first and turned to gloat. Shigure wasn't too far behind her. He caught her in his arms and spun her around before claiming her lips in a sweet kiss. If anyone could get her to be the girl she once was, it was that stupid dog.

Video- "Let It All Go" By Birdy + Rhodes