Judge's Information And Rules

This is the same information I used in my previous awards! Please let me know if anything has to be updated. <3 

If you are interested in becoming a judge then great! This section will tell you everything you need to know! If any of your questions remain unanswered after you have completed this section, then please feel free to message me privately.

We will first begin with The Rules!

I have very simple rules, I try not to make things too complicated XD So here we go!

Rule 1: Be Sure You Can Be Active Until The end!

One issue I've faced in many of my previous awards is this one. A judge signs up, then they vanish. This wouldn't be an issue only this tends to happen close to the deadline. So please! If you sign up to be a judge be 100% sure you can stick to your genre and provide me with the winners before the deadline!

Rule 2: Read Each Entry Carefully!

When judging, it's important that everyone in your genre has an equal chance to win. So please, make sure you read the required amount of each entry! You will also need to provide a review of your top three winners.

Rule 3: Be Responsive

Each week or so after judging begins, I will be sending out checkups! I will basically be asking how far along you've come in judging, and making sure you have no questions or concerns. So if you recieve a message from me, please don't discard it. It will lead me to believe you no longer wish to be a part of the contest.

Rule 4: The password

To prove that you have read the rules carefully so far, Please put "Part Of The Chaos Crew" In your form!

Rule 5: Read The Information Below!

Below these rules I have provided some VERY Important information for you! Please make sure you read it carefully!

Rule 6: Acceptance Of LBGT / Mature:

LGBT Books are welcome into my contest, as they have always been! <3 Mature books are welcome too, however they cannot contain too much sexual content. If you'd like to judge, please make sure you are alright with both of these things. 

Judge's Information Section.

If you want to judge, I'm assuming you are curious about what to look for while reading the entries? Well! Here is your answer. Because YOU are the judge, I am more than willing to allow you to judge in your own way, just make sure you check with me first. I have a few things I want you to remember while judging however.

Diction: Author's word choice.

Setting: The time, location, and circumstances the plot of the novel is set in.

Story Development / Pacing: Look at how the story moves along! Make sure it isn't too rushed, too slow, make sure you are getting enough information to make sense of the story. Look at how things develop as you continue to read.

Character Development: Characters tend to grow and sometimes change as the story develops with them. Look at how characters are written, make sure they aren't too bland.

Tone / Mood: While reading, How does the story make you feel? And what feelings have the author put into their writing? Can you sense it through their writing?

Grammar / Detail: How well has the author described their story? Were there any mistakes?

And! If you have any other suggestions please tell me and I will add them to the list!

Amount Of Time To Judge / How many entries:

Each genre will have at the very most: 30 entries. You will need to read Five Chapters from each entry.

You will be given One Month To complete this.

Judging will begin on September 15th, and end by October 15th.

From now until September 15th, people are free to sign up for your genre, so I suggest starting early. It will prove to be much easier if you judge as entries are added, instead of waiting for the genre to fill up. If your genre is full before the closing date for entries, you will begin to judge early.

Review Of Winning Stories: You will need to also do a review for your stop three winners! You may choose Two Honourable Mentions, and one winner for First, Second, And Third place. You will need to do a review of the stories you choose for First, second, and third. 

And that's it! You've made it to the end! Well done. I look forward to working with you during this contest! Please fill out the judge's form correctly! <3