Chapter 3

The pool area reminded Audrey of an old fashion movie set, an oval pool in the center of changing rooms and lounge chairs and a large lawn on the opposite side. A table was set up on a raised area with food and drinks. Most everyone was hanging around the pool, the girls hugging the edges while the boys stood in front of them.

"Audy, where have you been?" Charlotte called out to her.

She walked over to where Lucas and Audrey were standing together, her mismatched bikini making Audrey smile.

"Lotte, I'm pretty sure you're rich enough to afford a matching bathing suit." Audrey said.

"Audy, don't be silly you know it works. Anyways, I wanted to tell you something. Oh you're Lucas right?" Charlotte said, turning her attention to Lucas.

"Yes, I am. It's a pleasure to meet you, Paul talks a lot about you." Lucas said, his smile charming.

"Well, it's always fun to have a new face, Audy here needs a man and it looks like you're free..."

"Lotte!" Audrey said indigently, cutting Charlotte off.

"What? You do and he's free, you are free aren't you?" Charlotte said.

Lucas laughed a little.

"Yes, at the current moment I am free."

"Good. There are extra swim suits in the last room, so you can go change." Charlotte said.

"Yes ma'am." Lucas said, playfully but Audrey noticed his resistance to changing by the flexing of his jaw.

Lucas walked away and Audrey linked arms with Charlotte and walked her away from the main pool area.

"Charlotte what are you doing? I can't date my job isn't really conducive to it." Audrey said.

"Come on Audy he's cute and I pretty sure I can stay home one night so you can go out with him." Charlotte said.

"Thanks for the offer but I'm not going to date, you're protection is my job and I'm not going to be distracted."

"Fine. Well then I can tell you how it went with Paul."

"Right how'd it go?" Audrey said, remembering what Charlotte had been planning to do.

"He totally fought for me! I said I wanted to break up and he didn't let me go he said he didn't want to lose me and would do anything. I almost thought he would get down on he's knees and beg at one point." Charlotte said, her voice excited.

"Paul on his knees begging, now I would pay money to see that." Audrey said smiling. "I'm really happy that he fought for you Lotte, how could he not you are pretty wonderful."

"I know right. Come on let's go back." Charlotte said, linking arms with Audrey.

They walked back into the pool area and found Lucas talking to Paul having changed into one of the extra bathing suits. Audrey noticed how he stood taller than the other guys and even with his arms relaxed his muscles were impressive.

"You sure you don't want to change your mind about him? I mean seriously." Charlotte whispered into Audrey's ear, but staring at Lucas.

"Yes I'm sure." Audrey said.

"Hey pumpkin." Paul said, walking over to kiss Charlotte when they walked up.

"Hey pooky!" Charlotte said, leaving Audrey to link arms with Paul.

"Lucas tells me you were setting him up with Audy. I like that idea." Paul said.

Lucas smiled and looked at Audrey. He looked about to say something but Audrey stopped him.