Chapter 12

"So you two can drive together." Paul said to Audrey and Lucas.

They stood outside the front doors dividing themselves into groups. After half the people who had shown up to the brunch left, Charlotte's main group had decided to take the party to Paul's yacht.

"Sounds good to me. Mind if I drive?" Audrey said, smiling at Lucas.

She had spent the last hour and a half shamelessly flirting with him, easing into it at first, watching as he warmed to her attention. She constantly calculated how much she could keeping going and smiled as he stopped questioning it after twenty minutes.

"I'd prefer it."

He tossed her his keys and she rounded the small silver sports car and climbed in. The small parade of cars left the Astor's driveway, Paul's red mustang in the led, Audrey close behind. Audrey titled her head up and felt the wind graze her head, and pull at her hair. She looked to her right and saw Lucas studying her, a smile on his lips.

"What's on your mind?" she asked.

"Where'd you learn to drive? I've never known a girl who drives like you do?"

"Of course not, most girls haven't had an ex boyfriend who was a street racer."

"Your ex was a street racer?" Lucas said, disbelieving.

"Yup, he would take me driving a lot, one of the best boyfriends I ever had."

Lucas laughed.

"The other ones duds?"

"You know the high school quarterback thinks you're cute and so you date him even though you know he's a jerk."

"Yeah, I hate that."

Audrey laughed this time and Lucas smiled.

"A quarterback, a street racer, and James Bond himself, anymore impressive exes I should know about?"

"It's James Bondary, not James Bond."

"Pretty much the same thing."

"Not really and James and I never dated."

"Why not?"

"I don't know. We just didn't. Now enough about me. Who are your ex girlfriends?"

"They are definitely not street racers or spy's though one of them did look like a quarterback."

Audrey laughed again.

"What were they then, super models? Movie stars?"

"They like the term highly trained walking barbies and no, no super models. She was a beauty pageant winner, Miss United States and she was perfect. Wendy Thomson."

"Stole your heart?"

"Stole every guys heart, I was just the lucking one that actually got to know her before she took it." Lucas said.

"You're right, your life is rough. Dating beauty pageant winners, I don't know how you bare it."

"My family and a lot of cars."

Audrey laughed.

"Who else had the pleasure of winning your heart?"

"Not a lot of people, most of the boarding schools were all boys school. I only really started dating when I was sixteen and home for a summer, and when I say home it was our house in Hawaii."

"Of course." Audrey added a pretend serious tone.

"She was really my first love, a native to the island that took me to all the secret spots that no tourist gets to see."