Prologue

Amber

I look at the result of the pregnancy test and smile.

Positive

Lately I've been feeling off I've been getting morning sickness. I went to the store to buy a pregnancy test just to make sure of my suspicions. And I was right, there is a tiny baby growing in me.

I really can't wait to tell Lucian. I know he hasn't noticed the morning sickness due to him going to work very early in the morning.

I put the test back in the box and wrap it up into a gift. Today was our wedding anniversary and I will give him this gift.

He was coming home anytime soon. I know he'll be more than happy. Lucian has always had a weak spot for children.

I grab the box and make my way down to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

Just as I open the fridge the front door slams shut. I smile and take the box and hide it in my sleeve. I make my way to the living room to greet him as I always did.

"Welco-"

I see him on the couch with his head on his hands. "What's wrong? Did something happen at work" as I put my hand gently on his head, but he quickly pulled back as if my touch burned him. I frown and reach for his hand only for him to slap my hand away and give me a cold glare.

"Don't touch me"

Was all he said as I pull back hurt by his actions towards me. "Honey what's wrong?" I ask him once again. I stood there waiting for him to answer.

"What's wrong? I'll tell you what's wrong." He said as he stood up and roughly pushed me on the couch. "I get to work only to find that someone left a folder full of picture of my wife whoring around with other men." He yells at me.

"I am not whoring around I've only been with one man that is you Lucian" my eyes tear up as he looks at me accusingly. It hurts that he believes some fake pictures over me.

"Shut up you slut. I was so wrong in marrying a whore like you. I bet all you wanted was my money right? To think I thought you were different. Your just one of those worthless women who seduce men to gain money and power. " I stood up and slapped him. "Don't call me that I have always been faithful to you and only you, not your money" I yell at him. 

He grabbed my wrist and twisted it a bit causing pain. Tears run down my cheeks as he glares at me. "I want you out of this house right now and I also want to see you in my office tomorrow to sign the divorce. I don't want you in my life or anything that has to do with you."

He let go of me as he made his way to the front door. "I want you out by the time I get back" he said as he slammed the door behind him.

I fell to the floor as I pull out the box from my sleeve. I hold it to my chest tightly. As I silently cried.

The one person I loved so much tore my heart and ripped it to pieces.

I got up from the floor and slowly made my way to our room. I grabbed a small suit case and put the little belongings I had that he didn't buy for me.

I place the box with my important papers and shut the bag. I take one last look at the room. I close my eyes for a moment then close the door and make my way down the stairs to the entrance.

I walk out the door with my bag and smile sadly as I take one last look at the place I once called home. I walk through the gates to where a taxi was waiting for me.

"Happy Anniversary"

*******

I stayed in a hotel for the night, since I had no where else to go. I had to use the money on the card I still have from when I was working.

I also bought a plane ticket for tomorrow at noon. I bought it right before leaving our room. I left my phone since he had gave it to me. It isn't mine to keep anymore.

I made sure to permanently delete the history so he wouldn't find me once I'm gone.

I lay on the bed as I rub my flat belly. "Mommy will protect you. We don't need your daddy" because he doesn't want or need us. I cry my self to sleep that night.

******

It's nine in the morning as I make my way into Lucian's company.

I am greeted by many of the employees with:

"Morning Mrs.Black"

"Nice to see you Mrs.Black"

If only they knew I was no longer going to be Mrs.Black. I smile as I greet them back.

I enter his office see that he is already waiting for me with his lawyer. I don't dare meet his eyes. I sit down in front of them.

"Ms.Cruz, when married Mr.Black shared all his wealth with you therefore you get a percentage of it once divorced." The lawyer hands me the divorce papers.

I read over it and sign my name with a shaky hand. I then fill out a paper that he didn't tell me about, but since I read it I was able to find it.

The paper states that I can reject the offer made to me from the divorce as in money, homes, etc.

"Don't you want your part Miss" the lawyer asked confused. I shake my head and stood up. "I don't want your money, nor do I want anything that has to do with you" I say to Lucian who looked like he could care less.

I took my wedding ring off as well as a necklace he had given me when we first started dating. He had given it to me as a birthday gift. I put the objects on the desk before making my way out the door.

I wanted to cry, I really did.

I signal a cab, but before I got in a cold hand caught my wrist. I look back to find Lucian. "What do you want. I already have given you what you wanted" I say as I try to pull my hand away.

"These are yours" he said as he handed me the necklace and what use to be my phone. I looked at him once more before taking it and putting it in his suit pocket.

"You can keep it" I take one last glance as I got in the cab and told the drive to take me to the hotel to get me suit case.

******

It's eleven fifty-eight my flight is almost here.

Goodbye Spain.

Here I come Kentucky.