9

Amber

Work Work and guess what more Work

I haven't stopped working since that day, I need something that will distract me but this is not working at all. I've had many meetings and paper work as well as having to go to social gatherings, in just a week luckily the time went by quite fast and soon I'll see my angels.

True to his word Lucian hasn't come to me in days, but what worries me is that he has taken it into his own hands to find out what happened during the past 6 years. I have many connections who've I've met during my past few years. They have helped me cover up many things so that Lucian wouldn't be able to find me if he ever found out the truth. I have to be very cautious and avoid at any cost to have by babies meet him. I won't allow him to take the family i built.

The kids will be back home by tomorrow afternoon. I have missed them so much. I wonder what their reaction would be if...no what am I thinking.

I lean back and stare at my office ceiling...ugh such a frustrating situation. In the end why did this all have to come to this. Fate is such a cruel thing. Maybe we should move...then again that would be considered as running away giving Lucian a reason to believe he is the father.

I stare at a picture of my beloved children as I smile just thinking about the phone call I got earlier. They say they got me a special gift. I don't wish for any other gift but to have them by my side for the rest of my life call me selfish but that is my wish.

I feel so tired

I haven't been sleeping well due to the situation but I feel like I am making it a bigger deal than it is...right?

I close my eyes just to rest for a little.......

*****

"-n't sir" Bang* Click*

"mmhm..." what is with all that noise? I guess I fell asleep, I should get home it must be getting late. I slowly open my eyes and gasp at the sight in front of me. I blink a couple of times thinking I must still me asleep. What breathtaking eyes these emerald eyes. If this is a dream I hope I wake up from its sweet cruelty.

I reach to touch his face but stop when I hear my phone ping. "What are you doing here Lu-Mr.Black" I push him back as I sit up fixing my self in the process. I try to show him little emotion as I can but its hard when all he is doing is standing there just looking at me without saying a word

"I want to meet them" "what?" did i hear him correctly

"I want to meet the kids. I'm not asking you I'm telling you." he said as he sits down in the chair in front of my desk.

"Mr.Black aren't you tired of going back and froth with these arguments? Tell me what rights do you have to see my children." i glare at him trying to keep my nerves down. "Its Lucian for you Amy and you ask what rights, I'm their father. And yes i am tired to arguing but your still as stubborn as you us to be. I told you Amber you are my Mrs.Black all mine." he said with a stern look.

"Shut up you slut. I was so wrong in marrying a whore like you. I bet all you wanted was my money right? To think I thought you were different. Your just one of those worthless women who seduce men to gain money and power. " Such a bitter memory. The words that broke my heart like sharp stones being aimed at a delicate glass wall. Reality hit me hard.

"hmp I'm not your wife anymore as for the kids you should know by now that I'm not a pure person. I told you before just like you told me. I like to sleep around and have my fun. There is no way my babies are yours." I smirk at him as I cross my arms.

"Don't call me that I have always been faithful to you and only you, not your money" Yet he did not believe me. You weren't there to see me suffer and cry my self to sleep.

"Amy I hate it when you call yourself a slut, I know I made a huge mistake but I won't allow anyone to taint your name not even yourself" he said as he gets up to leave. I don't say anything as I watch him leave. There is no point in holding you back by calling you, it will all end up the same. With you making me feel guilty for things I do to protect whom I love.

You say that but just like you did I choose not to believe you. We broke apart because you never trusted me...

I guess I really have never understood you at all and you have never understood me. Was me meeting you a mistake coming back to haunt me?

"Lucian why can't you understand we are now just business partners and nothing more. Please understand you can't heal my broken heart..."

I only want our kids...My Kids