13

Amber

Mafia

A world I knew all too well but choose not to be part of for the time being.

Dad was part of it and so was mom, they were always to busy doing other things that they had forgotten they had a young daughter. My brother on the other hand was always their center of attention since he was a boy and he would keep the family name going.

I'm not saying that my childhood was all that bad, sure I didn't have the most loving parents but I had the most closest person who was like a father to me. My uncle.

He was the one who actually took time from his busy schedule to raise me and teach me.

I knew uncle was the leader of an american mafia, and I looked up to him. He taught me how to defend myself, as well as how to use a weapon from a very young age. 

He would tell me that I was the daughter he couldn't have. And because of this he was preparing me to become a leader. Yet as I grew older he told me that he wanted me to live a normal life and when he thought it was the right time he would come and find me.

Years later he was happy for me at my wedding and said he would extend our agreement.

I actually never knew what he meant ever since I left his side.

But ever since six years ago I haven't contacted him in fear that if he knew what Lucian did to me he would kill him. 

Yet here I am, if uncle would see me now he would be disappointed in me for not reaching out to him yet happy because I was strong enough to pull though all the difficulties.

"mommy?"

I snap out of thought as I hear my little princess call out to me.

"hey sweety" I say as I pick her up and place her on my lap.

"mommy you've been looking out the window for a very long time are you okay?" she asks as she holds my face between her small hands.

I smile at her and kiss her nose. "mommy is just fine. I was thinking of something. No need to worry little one." I say

I gently place her down as I stand. "let's go see what your brothers are up to. shhh" 

We quietly make our way to the dining room. As we get there we both take a peak at what the boys are up to.

Mason was doing a puzzle, and Jason was drawing it seems.

My children are my strength each and everyday. Would it be selfish of me to keep them to myself, would they like to know who their father is and get to know him.

When we were married he would talk about us having a big family. I know he must really want to spend time with the kids, but I'm scared he might take them away from me. 

I'm just not sure about what to think about him anymore. I have no idea what he is thinking or what his next more will be.

The kids have a right to know and I will let them make their own decision.

"Hey my loves, can you both stop what you're doing please. I want to speak to you about today morning" I say as I help bella on a chair and sit in my own as the boys wait for me.

"The person who came today is really your father." I say as I look at their reactions. They didn't look happy more like displeased.

"Mr.Black and I were actually married six years ago, but things happened and mommy had to move far away from daddy to keep you all safe" I tell them in a way so that they don't think of their father in a bad way.

"But why is Mr.Black here till now mommy?" Mason asked 

I never really prepared for this moment since I always thought that Lucian would never find me. Plus the kids never seem to be interested in the topic of a father.

"Your daddy took a while to find us because he was really busy fighting all the bad guys, and when he was finally done he had to look for mommy." I had told them what Lucian said to me this morning but the kids don't seem to be convinced.

"But now that daddy has found use, daddy wants to get to know all of you. Would you guys like to spend so time to get to know your dad?" I asked as I tried my best not to seem nervous.

"NO!"

I was surprised to hear them all shout in protest. It wasn't like them to raise their voices even when they are upset about something. 

"I understand this is all new to all of you but he is your father and even if I don't want to share your love with someone else, mommy can't be selfish." I say as I get up and kiss each of my angels.

"We want to be with mommy not him" Jason say with a pout

"He is not taking you away from me any of you" I say as I pull all three of them for a tight hug.

"do we have too?" Bella says as the boys nods

"yes my love. I'm sure your day out with your dad will be fun" I say as I try to get them to smile. I was now getting worried, did I bring up the topic of their dad to quickly, but Lucian had already told them.

"Cheer up, you all will not go out to meet him just yet alright." I say as I make my way to the kitchen.

"Now who wants to help me bake!" I say as I spin around and hold my arms out.

"We do!" the say as the run to me. Ah there they are my angels beautiful smiles.

The smile I want to protect and make sure they never go missing.