15

Amber

What to wear? What to wear? ugh

Knowing him he is mostly taking me somewhere elegant.

Today wasn't any different from my usual days. Though for some reason my mind was elsewhere. I had dropped off the kids at Julia's places since I had no one else to watch over them for me.

The purpose of this meeting is to come up with an agreement in which he can see the kids and take them out. That's the only reason yet...no what am I thinking.

ugh

"you know what I'll just close my eyes and wear whatever my hand lands on" I close my eyes and move my hand around through my dress closet till it lands on something smooth. I open my eyes and pull out the chosen one.

"like I would ever wearing this...wait why is this even here?" I stare at the red dress before me. I mean can you even call this a dress! This thing shows way to much skin for my liking. I bet Julia put this in here who else would put this in here.

"Nope. Here we go again."

When I open my eyes and pull out the second dress I sigh in relief. Now, this I approve.

it was a beautiful navy color dress that went off the shoulders with a beautiful design on the chest area down to the waist. The dress was long and just so elegant. I didn't even know I owned this but then again I usually just wear suits and normal wear.

I need to hurry.

*******

Just as I finished up I heard a knock at the door. It must be him. I look at the time to see it was eight on the dot. On point as always.

I made my way down the stairs and to the front door. Just as I open the front door I am greeted by some beautiful blue roses.

"Beautiful flowers for a beautiful girl" Lucian said as he handed them to me.

I took the flowers and placed them on a nearby table. "Thank you," I said as my gaze meets his. He was handsome as ever but his charm didn't work on me anymore.

"Shall we?" He asked as he held out his hand to me. I nod as I place my hand in his. Well, this brings back memories. I frown but I decide not to think about that time.

The ride to the restaurant was silent no one said a word. I only came with one intention in mind and that was to talk about the kids. I will let him spend time with them in order for him not to take them away from me.

We reach the restaurant and as we enter the waiter leads us to an elevator. We made our way to the VIP area which has a breathtaking view of the city.

Lucian pulled out the seat for me as he then sat in his. We both stayed silent for a moment as we just enjoyed the view before us.

I bit my lip then turn to look at him trying to find what to say to him. But just as I turn to face him I see that he was already looking at me.

"Relax you don't have to be nervous Amber," he said as he smiled at me.

"Who said I was nervous" I raise my eyebrow as I try to calm myself down without him noticing. How does he expect me to not be nervous when all I can think about is the future of my kids.

"You always bite your lip when your nervous love."

Shoot I do have that bad habit.

I sigh as I once again look out of the window.

"Lucian...the only reason I am here in this restaurant with you is because we have to talk about my kids, nothing else."

"I am not going to force you into anything Amber. All I want is to have you and the kids by my side. To raise OUR kids together as a family." He says as takes hold of my hand.

"A family that was abandon and kicked out of your life. Lucian do you really have any right to say that you want us?" I say as I pull my hand away from his.

"I told you that I did it to protect you. You are my world, my first love, and especially my beautiful wife. I did want you to be the target of my enemies." Was this really his excuse?

"Protect me my foot. What right do you have to say such a thing? Do you really not know the meaning of the promise we made to each other at our wedding? We will be together through good and bad till death due us apart. I am your wife No I was your wife. Why didn't you say anything back then? Do you have any idea how confused I was?" I was trying so hard to keep in my anger.

"I know but I did what had to be done. Or what Amber would you have risked the lives of our kids? With those people know that my precious wife was pregnant there would have been a huge bounty out for your life just to get to me. My world isn't pretty Amber. When I found out I was a father, I knew I actually did the right thing even when it meant that I hurt you. You were able to be safe and have our kids." Lucian looked at me with a serious expression that I could not break away from.

"Don't bring the kids into this. I know that this world isn't all rainbows and sunshine. I know it just as well as you do. I was also....enough with this let's just get to the point."

I almost told him that I was also raised in his world.

"I will allow you to meet with the kids as long as they agree to see you on those days. I will also not force my kids to do anything they don't want."

All I do is to keep my kids by my side.

"I also want you Amber"

"No, I'm giving you a chance to be a father. Take it or leave it"