Chapter 3

Riley's POV

We got out of his car, and he led me up the steps and to his house. Once again he opened the door for me. Once we were inside, he took my hand and led me to the living room.

"We can still have our lazy day." He said whilst smiling at me. I chuckled at the boy, and nodded my head. I sat on the couch as he put a movie into the DVD player. He came back to sit down with me, a few inches of couch between us. I smiled at his choice of movie.

"I've never seen Titanic." I admitted.

"Me neither" he agreed as he pressed play and passed me a blanket for us to keep warm.

Halfway through the movie Luke shyly draped his arm over my shoulder and slid closer to me. The sudden contact scared me, but I wasn't gonna let him know, so I just simply looked at him and smiled weakly. He returned it, a weird feeling overcoming me. What?

Before I knew it, his hand reached up and gently stroked my cheek.

"Luke, what are you doing?" I said, surprised at how quiet my voice sounded.

"Oh, uhm... sorry." He mumbled and removed both his arms and slid even father away from me than before. I felt relieved when he did, but a part of me wanted him to wrap his arm back around my shoulder and stroke my cheek in a gentle manner, look into my eyes and- wait, what? Why am I thinking this? He probably just feels bad for me since I'm sick and he thinks some man broke into my home.

Shit! My parents are probably infuriated. I have to get home right now before they find me, or realize that I'm gone which is probably way too late anyway. God, I will be so dead when I get home but I will be even more dead if I don't.

"Umm... I have to go now." I said whilst standing up, brushing my hands against my jeans and heading towards the door. Before I closed the door, he said something that I didn't quite catch.

"Probably said something bad about you."

I started heading towards my home when I heard my name being called. I quickened my pace and kept my eyes locked on the pavement ahead when a hand grabbed my elbow. I hesitantly turned around and looked up to the figures face. The green hair that you could probably see from a mile away automatically screamed 'Michael'.

"Sorry, Mike. But I've gotta go now." I said and shook him off me before heading back towards my house.

"Could I at least give you a ride to wherever you're going?" he asked. "It looks like it's about to rain."

"No thanks." I declined and continued back.

Twenty minutes of walking and I probably wasn't even close to being halfway to my house and I really wish that I had let Michael give me a ride home. It was pouring rain and not a part of my body was left dry. I groaned in frustration but kept on walking.

"You sure you don't want that ride?" Mike asked as he stopped near me and rolled down his car window.

"Yep, pretty sure." I said whilst grinning at him, him driving slowly next to me as I walked.

"Awww, come on."

"Don't do a pouty face, you're no good at it." I teased.

"Well then I'll just have to keep practicing, won't I?"

"Well then I definitely won't be able to say no to you." I teased once again.

"That just gives me even more reason to practice my pouty face." He assured. "No but seriously let me give you a ride I don't want you getting sick."

"I already am sick, might as well get even more sick."

He huffed in return, stopped the car and got out before playfully glaring at me and beginning to chase me all around the sidewalk. After about three minutes of running around in the rain like idiots he caught up to me and swung me over his shoulder and started carrying me to his car.