Chapter 10

Riley's POV

"Oh fuck, Riley, where were you?" Luke asked whilst hugging me. "We were so worried."

"I was just out for a walk." I half-lied.

"To where?" He buried his face in the crook of my neck and gently stroked my hair.

"Just... around." I half-lied once again. I hated doing this, but I had to.

"Riley, wait up!" Ashton called after me in the empty school hall.

"Hi." I said to him in a small voice. I didn't really want to talk to him, or anyone for that matter.

"You going home?" He asked and smiled, showing off his dimples.

"Yeah." I started walking faster, clutching my book-bag that was lazily slung over my shoulder.

"You want to come over to my place instead?" He kindly asked.

"Umm, I don't think that's a very good idea." I told him and started walking at an even faster pace than I already was, but he caught up to me.

"Come on, please?" He make an absolutely adorable pouty face, that I just couldn't say no to.

"Okay, fine..." I finally gave in, which earned a gigantic grin from him.

"Come on then!" He said excitedly whilst pulling me by my arm, to his car probably. We approached his old pickup truck. He opened the door for me, a simple but sweet gesture that just happened to make my day.

Whilst driving he tried to start a conversation, being the incredibly friendly human being that he is, but I wouldn't know how to reply, being the incredibly awkward human being that I am.

We arrived at his house.

"No don't open that car door!" He suddenly shouted, scaring the living shit out of me.

"Why the hell not?" I fake chuckled. "You almost gave me a heart attack."

"Only I am allowed to open your doors." He grinned, proceeding to get out and go around to open my door.

"Really, Ashton? Really?"

"Yes." He stuck his tongue out at me. God, he's so childish.

"I am perfectly capable of opening a door you know." I reminded him.

"I know, I just like doing it."

"What if I like doing it?" I teased.

"Well too bad for you then. Come on." He gestured for me to go into his house. "Don't be scared, nobody else is home yet."

"I'm not scared." I told him.

He laughed slightly and then took my hand and led me up the stairs, to his room. And of course, he let me go in first, something I still need to get used to.

The first thing I noticed was his rack of CDs. I walked over to them and gently brushed my hand over them.

"You like?" He asked, referring to his collection.

"I love." He had the best taste in music. Nirvana, Blink 182, Coldplay, Nickelback... the list goes on. "You have most of my favourites."

"Really? Which one do you like best?" He asked in amazement.

"I miss you by Blink 182." I said without even thinking. Then suddenly I realised, that I was already letting him in too deep. He was already beneath the surface of my complicated personality. "Umm... I should probably go now." I said in a rushed tone.

"No wait, you just got here." He pouted. "Stay a little longer. Please?" That's when he went over to a little box, that I recognised to be a mini drum kit thingy.

"Do you play?" I asked, pointing to the box.

"Yeah, I do. I wanted to play you something." He said and tapped a little beat on the box, making a perfect sound. "Is that alright?"

Without thinking I nodded my head and sat down on his bed.

He started to play the beat to "I miss you", the song that I said was my favourite just minutes ago. Soon enough he started to sing too, may I just say his voice sounded like an angels.

"Did you like it?" He asked in a worried tone after playing the song.

"It was perfect." I told him, making him blush. "You should do that for a living, you'd go far."

"I've been thinking about it." He shrugged and sat down next to me on his bed. "So why is it your favourite song?" He asked.

"Don't really know." I lied. It was my favourite because of my sister. The song spoke about death.

"You're cute." He blurted out after a few minutes of silence.

"What?" I asked, in amazement. He could not have possibly said that.

"You're cute." He repeated himself, this time clearer.

"No I'm not." I blushed.

"Yes you are, come on look at yourself! You're adorable." He said. "Aww, are you blushing?"

"No." I lied.

He started laughing uncontrollably, but then he suddenly stopped, as if he realised something important.

"Nobody has ever said that to you?" He asked.

"No." I told him. Goddamn it, brain, what is wrong with you? You're supposed to keep these things hidden, not out in the open. I can't trust him...

"It is because of Brandon?" He asked.

"Yeah..." My brain spoke for me once again.

"Don't listen to him. Or anyone for that fact. You're perfect, okay?" He said, getting off the bed kneeling down I front of me and looking me in the eyes.

"Okay." I whispered, suddenly getting lost in his gorgeous hazel eyes.

Before I knew it, his soft lips were on mine. I had never kissed anyone before, but somehow I knew what I had to do. He placed his abnormally large hands on my hips and started rubbing small circles on them. My hands found his curly hair and tangled in it. He gently pushed me down onto the bed so I was laying on my back and he deepened the kiss.

Suddenly realisation hit me.

"Ashton... Ashton, no." I told him. He gently pulled away.

"Sorry, I don't know what came over me." He blushed.

"It's alright, I should go." I awkwardly said.

"No, stay please."

And in that moment, I didn't know if it was because I was extremely tired, or if it were his mesmerising eyes I managed to say "Okay."