Chapter 19

Ashton's POV

I didn't know how I felt. I just felt like I didn't have anything to live for anymore. I could be replaced at any second without a warning. It was my own fault for not anticipating this, because it could surely happen. But not knowing when is what really bothers me.

At least I know that if I will ever be replaced it will be by somebody who knows how to make her feel safe, even though Luke may not know how to show his feelings quite right. But I will stay by her side until she doesn't need me anymore. "Do you want to talk about your dream?" I asked, not knowing what else to say.

"No." She bluntly replied.

"You can't keep it all bottled up inside." I reminded her, although she already knew that.

"I know, I just like to let my feelings age for a few years like a fine bottle of wine and only then finally let them out." She joked, grinning at me.

"You can't do that." I said, slightly laughing at what she said.

"I know."

"Is Grace your sister?"

"Yeah."

"I remember the day you told me you were leaving, I remember the makeup running down your face. And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them, just like every single wish we'd ever made." I sung to her after a few moments of silence. It seemed appropriate at the time for some reason.

"I wish that I could wake up with amnesia, and forget about the stupid little things. Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you, and the memories we're never gonna escape. 'Cause I'm not fine at all."

"Damn! I didn't know you could sing like that!" Shock ran through me at the sound of her voice. "Holy shit!" I exclaimed. "That was really good." I said once I calmed down a bit.

"Thank you." Blushing, she looked down, her eyes landing on the shirt that covered chest.

"How did you know the words?" I curiously asked.

"I googled you guys." She shrugged. "You're pretty good."

Suddenly an idea came to mind. I shot up and went straight for my old drum box. I looked back at her, seeing her up on the bed and a huge smile on her face. I played a beat, and saw her grin widen.

"One for old times sake?" She shook her head rapidly in excitement, her eyes filling in with excitement.

I started to play The Reckless And The Brave by All Time Low, soon adding in my singing too.

"Can you play me something?" Riley asked, plopping down on my bed an looking into my eyes in hopes that I would say yes, although she didn't even have to ask.

"Sure." I grinned. "Any requests?"

"Surprise me." She simply said, watching me as I made my way towards my box. I started to play the beat to If Today Was Your Last Day by Nickelback.

"If today was your last day, and tomorrow was too late, could you say goodbye to yesterday? Would you live each moment like your last, leave old pictures in the past, donate every dime you have? If today was your last day..." Finishing, I looked back at her. Her eyes were closed and she was drastically scratching her wrist. I jolted towards her and immediately embraced her in a tight bear hug.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry for bothering you with my problems. I should leave." She whispered, pushing me away and heading towards the door.

"Riley, you're not bothering me. I want to help."

"I'm doing fine, I don't need your help." She bluntly said then closed the door.

Riley's POV

"Riley, hide! Right now!" As soon as Ashton was done, Michael suddenly bursted in the room.

"What? Why?" I questioned.

"Your parents are here. And they want you back." He said, his voice shaking drastically.

"What?" Was the last thing I said before Ashton dragged me into his closet with him.

"Where is she?!" I heard my mothers voice boom through the house. "We have the police with us!" She warned. I heard the door to Ashton's bedroom open. Gently stroking my hair, Ashton placed a kiss on the top of my head. But our hiding place didn't leave us hidden for very long.

"No!" I screamed as my father dragged me out of the closet, pulling me away from Ashton.

"Riley!" He launched after me, but was held back by an officer.

"Leave me alone!" I pleaded.

"We've missed you." My father whispered in my ear.

"Ashton!" Screaming in absolute terror now, I tried my best to fight my fathers grip.

"Let her go!" Breaking free of the officers hold he got my father off of me and we sprinted towards the exit of the house. "Guys, come on!" He shouted to the others, them not wasting a second to run after us. All piling into the mini-van at ultra speed, Calum slammed on the gas pedal. All panting heavily, I could feel my heart beating rapidly against my chest.

"I shouldn't have dragged you into my life, I'm sorry." I blurted out, feeling responsible for everything that has happened.

"We came into it by choice, it's not your fault." Michael said, staring at me from across the van.

"I shouldn't have let you." I argued.

"You didn't have a choice." He told me, a pitiful look consuming his eyes.

"I could have stopped you."

"It's not your fault." Ashton and Michael said simultaneously.

"Yes it is!" I broke, putting my hands over my ears to try and block out her. "You don't deserve to be caught in this web that I call my life..." I trailed off.

Soon enough Calum pulled over to a small hotel. Even though it was small it had a nice, cozy feeling to it. Feeling suddenly tired I chose not to open my eyes. Ashton, who was sitting next to me, picked me up and started carrying me to wherever.

Blocking out the conversation that was being held at the front desk I started to think about Luke. His eyes, his lip ring, his face that was full of regret when he hit me, how disgustingly he looked down at himself after realizing what he had done, how sorrowfully he looks at me every time he lays eyes on me.

"Maybe I should let it go?" I thought.

Without realizing it I was put down on a bed, Ashton laying down beside me shortly after.

"I want you to know that it's not your fault, it never has been. You don't deserve this. I know you can't hear me, but in case you can I want you to know that you can talk to me whenever you need to. I won't look at you differently or anything." Brushing a stray hair out of my face, he placed a soft kiss on the top of my head. "Goodnight, beautiful."

Never Be (A 5 Seconds Of Summer Fan-Fiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara