Chapter 14

Ashton's POV

I looked at her, laying in my arms as I carried her towards the couch. She looked so beautiful, so peaceful and every time I looked at her I got a warm feeling inside of me, I'm not quite sure how else to describe it.

I knew she wasn't sleeping. When she was sleeping her breathing got deeper and more even, she would be completely relaxed as now she was laying stiff in my arms, she would curl herself up into a little ball formation and stay there for the night, her arms forming an X shape over her chest and her legs would be bent and resting not far from her arms. That is if she slept alone anyway. The times I slept in a bed with her she would always either end up half on top of me and hugging me or she would bury her face in my chest and also lightly hug me. She would always end up hugging me in her sleep. As if she was afraid to lose me, afraid that if she let go I would leave her alone.

I placed her onto the couch before sitting down next to her, the others following my actions. Luke sat next to her, Calum and Michael on the floor. She had already opened her eyes and they were slightly red, probably due to the chlorine in the pool.

"Are you alright?" Calum asked.

"I'll be okay." She told him and looked down.

"Okay." Calum replied.

"You're so the fault in our stars!" Michael suddenly yelled.

"Shut up, I haven't even seen that!" Argued Calum before lightly pushing him.

"Anyway, we have something to tell you." Luke cut off their little push-war.

"You're all gay?" She questioned.

"No!" Michael and Calum shouted at the same time, suddenly stopping their second round of push-war.

"Bisexual?" Again she asked.

"Riley." Luke said.

"Pregnant?" She fake-gasped.

"Riley!" We all screamed, but ended up laughing anyway.

"Okay, I'm sorry." She raised her hands up in a defensive manner and her head sunk into her shoulders.

"We don't know how to say this really, so we're just gonna do it." Luke paused. "We're a band called 5 Seconds Of Summer."

"Okay." She shrugged.

"That's all you're gonna say?" He asked her.

"Yeah, what else would I say?"

"Oh thank god! We thought you were gonna freak out." A collective sigh of relief was heard and we all relaxed.

"It's not like you're amazingly famous or going on tour or anything." Oops, never mind about the relaxing.

"Yeah about that..." I trailed off. "We're kinda blowing up right now, and we're going on tour next year."

"Oh my fuckin-" I covered her mouth before she could say anything else, but she continued to mumble swear words into my palm either way.

"You calm?" I asked her. Her reply was a simple nod.

"I actually didn't freak out that much because of your band, it's just that I suddenly realised something."

"What?"

"In every language pineapple in ananas. Like in Russian it's ananas, in Bulgarian it's ananas, it's ananas in French, German, Italian, Swedish and all kinds of different languages but then in English it's just like pineapple. How fucking weird is that?" She ranted. "What?" She asked after she saw the looks we were giving her. Soon after we erupted into laughter, leaving her confused as to why we were laughing. "It's a legitimate question! Like what the hell English speakers?" She argued, making us laugh even more.