CHAPTER FIVE

What Lies Beneath

~

The Institute was quiet, the corridors dark and eerie, nothing unusual, it was always like this. Clary and I walked down the corridor, side by side, dresses accompanied our bodies as we walked towards Izzy's room.

After my many attempts to convince Jace to let Clary join us both of our trip to the club. He finally agreed, I mean if this is Jonathan, Clary deserves to know about it.

My hand reached up to softly knock against the door, smiling as she turned to stare at us, stopping what she was doing in the process. "Wow, look at you both."

Clary blushed slightly and smiled "Thank you, Izzy. It's not easy finding something cute to wear that can accommodate a weapon." Izzy and I chuckled at this as Clary crossed her arms and smiled.

"Izzy, have you..." I trailed off, beginning to fidgeting with my fingers "Have you noticed something different about Jace?"

"No." Isabelle replied while continuing her makeup for the family dinner "Well, you do see him a lot more than Clary and I do."

I frowned and exchanged a look with Clary who was also looking at me with worry. The both of us have noticed Jace acting strange, stranger than usual. I thought I was imagining it until Clary asked me about him, making everything more real.

"What's wrong?" Izzy asked, noticing the look on my face.

"Jace thinks the Owl is my brother." Clary stated as she walked further into the room, leaning against the wall.

"The same Jonathan I sent over the bridge." I added, staying standing in the doorway.

"What? Why?"

"He keeps having these dreams about him. He thinks they're prophetic." I answered.

"What do you think?" Izzy asked, looking at me with confusion and worry.

"I-I don't know." I stuttered while walking into the room to stand in front of her "He hasn't been sleeping, which only worries me and makes me not sleep. I mean come on, he's been using his Stamina rune to stay on mission."

"When you don't sleep, your mind can play tricks on you." Izzy reassured me.

"Yeah." I nodded, smiling thinly.

"Has he told Alec?" Clary spoke up, making us turn to look at her.

"No, he's afraid once word gets out, it'll tip off Jonathan."