CHAPTER TEN

A Window Into An Empty Room

~

"Ariana and I have been through the Institute archives." Clary spoke, holding her phone out in front of her which had Luke on the other end. I stood close, standing at her desk as I held the drawing of the demon I saw yesterday  in my hand, not to shabby for my first proper detailed sketch. "There's no record of a Greater Demon matching the one Ari saw, I have no idea what else to do."

"Me either." I added, sighing as I dropped the drawing back onto the desk, moving to lay on Clary's bed as she came to sit down beside me. "Ithuriel said the Owl has a master, so that fucking ugly thing must have been it, and shit, it's even powerful enough to kill an angel."

"We have to tell everyone." Clary exclaimed, sighing as Luke responded.

"Do that, and it unravels everything about Raziel and the wish."

"Do you really think I care if the clavey-wavey locks me up?" I laughed out loud.

"Well, I do, Ari!" Luke exclaimed from the other end of the phone. Oh papa-Luke, I feel the loveeee. "And what about Jace?" He asked, making me shut up. "He carried that same lie. Along with Clary, they'll both be in trouble, just like you."

Clary gave me a worried look as I sighed "And the last thing Jace needs is for his treatment to be interrupted."

"We'll call you back later, Luke." Clary sighed as she ended the call, throwing her phone onto the bed. "Are you okay?" She muttered, crouching down in front of me as I shrugged.

"I'm just, annoyed." I frowned slightly. "I just wish we could have one moment of peace, where nothing strange happens."

"We're Shadowhunters." Clary smiled. "Our lives couldn't be anything but strange and exciting at times."

"Well could those strange and exciting times please slow down a little." I whined slightly, covering my face before muttering "it's kinda giving me a whiplash."

Clary only chuckled and stood up, holding her hand out "Lets go for a walk around the Institute, get your mind off of things."

My lips curled up at the sides as I nodded my head gently, raising my hand up before placing it into hers. "Yeah, let's go."
.
.
.
"Gilbert, oh where art thou Gilbert." My lips curled up into a smirk as I dramatically spoke, gazing at Gilbert who was chucking as he walked towards Clary and I.

"I'm right here, ladies." Gilbert smirked playfully as he gently took Clary's hand into his and twirled her around, placing a kiss onto her forehead. I smiled in awe at them, my mind drifting towards Jace who I hadn't seen since yesterday.

I shook that thought away as the three of us began to walk towards the Ops Centre, chatting about random things. My head was still spinning with thoughts of Jace and where he could be, it's weird for him to to have texted me or called me, at least to say where he was. It seems Gilbert understood as he tapped my shoulder.