CHAPTER ELEVEN

|☕️| Hey, so I wanted to write a really quick authors note before we continue with the story! I wanted to apologise for not updating like I said I would. Things are just very crazy in my life at the moment with School, work and many more things. So bear with me with updates and actually finishing the story. If you want to keep in touch with me and remind me to write, my Clary roleplay account is @Sketchpad__clary , anyway! On with the story!!
.
.
.
Salt in the Wound (Will be edited later!)

Salt in the Wound  (Will be edited later!)

~

My heels clicked against the concrete roof of the tall building as I followed after Jace, my heart hammering loudly in my chest I was surprised he didn't hear it. Why was I even chasing him? Why was I possibly putting myself in this situation? Well...because I love him, that's why.

Jace suddenly stopped running as he peered over the side of the building, grunting in frustration as he crinkled his nose slightly. "Jace!" I called out as I stopped running, my blade held tightly in hand as I looked at him. He slowly turned to look me in the eyes, the man staring back at me wasn't the one who loved me...nor did it seem like he even cared.

But I still loved him, and I always will. It was mere seconds before he lunged at me, throwing his fist towards my face, I reacted quickly and ducked out of the way, a battle cry falling from my lips as we continued to fight. I went to swing my blade in his direction but he must have noticed my actions as he hit the blade away, the both of us watching as it clattered to the floor loudly.

I reacted quickly, kicking his shin as he fell to his knees, as much as I tried to fight him, he kept attacking, no remorse, no caring glint in his eyes as he grabbed my neck harshly, stopping the punches I was throwing his way as I gasped, watching as he raised me up and dangled me over the side of the building. "Jace, baby, this is not you." I wheezed out, tears glistening in my eyes as I gazed into his.

He continued to look at me, not saying anything as I slowly raised my hand up to hold onto his arm, not wanting him to let me go. "Jace, I know you're still in there." His grip only got tighter as the panic started to settle deep within me. I didn't want to die like this, especially not by the hands of the man I love the most.

I gasped again as he made the grip even tighter. "Please don't hurt me." I whispered. "You won't hurt me, Jace.." I paused as I watched and felt his emotions fading away, no longer mine to feel or control. My Jace was fading away, the man in front of me wasn't him anymore. "I love you." I whispered, even tho I knew my Jace wouldn't hear me, but I still needed to say it.

Jace pulled our faces close together, a sly smirk appearing onto his lips as he gazed into my eyes. "I don't love you." He said casually, moving his gaze down to my lips before looking into my eyes again. "Not anymore." I felt a tear roll down my cheek as I closed my eyes, no longer feeling his hand around my neck as I began to fall,